Jul 17, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel...


I just had to share some exciting news with anyone who wants to read. Joe and I, and Haylie and Connor, are planning on being sealed together in September. We are so excited! It's been a loooong road, but so very worth it.
Although it's a little nerve-racking and I'm sure it'll be quite emotional (at least for me), I know it's going to be the biggest blessing for us. I think we have decided on the Manti temple... it's really far away, but when Joe and I lived in Burley, that was the temple we liked best, and since all of his family lives down there, it just fit.
I'm really sad that my mom won't be able to go through with me, but I am hoping that she will come and wait outside the temple. It's extremely hard to know that we believe differently, but I have faith that things will turn out for the best eventually and after talking to a friend yesterday, I am feeling a lot better. It was nice to sort of vent a little bit and to get some much needed advice from someone with an unbiased opinion.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Cassi, that is such awesome news, congradulations!! I haven't been in the Manti one, but it's beautiful outside! That will be a real neat thing to experience with your kids. Congrats again!

Jennilyn said...

Cassi, That is so awewome!I am excited for you. You are right it will be the biggest blessing for your family to be together for ever! You are amazing and keep up the good work! Yes, we do need to do a playdate. I was thinking of having one next week, so I will let you know when I figure out my schedule! Congrats again!

Kim said...

Cassi it was so good to talk to you and I am so excited for you. For sure let me know if you need anything or have any questions I remember feeling a little nerved. Know that you can call me or email whenever:)

SunnyD said...

That is such great news. I will never forget the day my parents and I were sealed together. It was such a great moment. The Mantai Temple is absolutely gorgeous too! My cousin got married there. I'm so happy for you.

And on a side note... :) Halle wears the baby legs all the time and my boys have boy ones that they wear on their arms in the fall so don't feel like you have to wait to buy them. :)