Apr 25, 2009

Come on Cass...

So this is really ridiculous, and based on your level of animal lover-ness... you might think so too. I have let the loss of my puppy take control over my emotions, and so have neglected my blog. Sorry.
Louis, my puppy, disappeared April 13th. Joe lets the dogs out around 5 a.m. before he leaves for work. When I got up that morning, around 7:30, he was already gone. There was a small spot in one corner of the yard, where he could fit his little body under the fence. I didn't worry much... he'd gotten out before, (more than once) and always came back. He and Lady (our Beagle), get out occasionally, run around and do their "thing," and then come home after a few hours of freedom. That evening, Louis was still gone, and I knew something wasn't right. The next day, after he was still gone, I called City Hall. They said that someone had called Animal Control and reported both dogs but when the officer got there, only Lady was there, and she couldn't catch her anyway... Louis, on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen. Just doesn't make sense....
We've been told by a few people around the area, that Mini-Schnauzers are popular around here, so we have a suspicion that someone saw him, and thought, 'Sweet! Free pure-bred dog!'
We have posted on craigslist and womf.com. We've put up signs all around town. We've knocked on numerous doors asking for information. We've driven our hearts out, windows down, for hours at a time, calling his name. We're at a loss. I feel guilty for not looking... but I don't know where to look.
I really got attached to this one. I feel like I really really needed him. BUT, if someone else needed him more than me, I guess I can let go.
I hope some little old hermit lady, with no Internet access and no way to see our signs, took him in and is spoiling him rotten.
Like I said - This is ridiculous.

6 comments:

Lexi said...

Not ridiculous at all. Animals have a way of getting into our hearts. They offer companionship and entertainment at times. Its hard to lose someone that you've come to love! I really feel for you Cassi. I hope that Louis either returns or that the hermit lady enjoys him :). I'm glad you still have Lady. Sorry to hear about this and hope you feel better soon!

PS Thanks for your nice comments on my blog - it made me feel so special!

Jess said...

I don't think you are being ridiculous at all. He was a part of your family. It will just take time. Probably not what you wanted to hear, huh? I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure Mrs. Hermit is spoiling him now!!!

SunnyD said...

I used to roll my eyes at people that got all depressed when their pets died or something and then....our family dog died. I was soooo sad. I don't think you are ridiculous. You just have a big heart.

Brandon & Tiff said...

I am so sorry about your doggie! I am an animal lover too. I have been so out of blogging too until lately. Once, again Cass...your blog writing is incredible and Happy Birthday to Connor! He is such a handsome little guy...with a lot of personality it sounds like!

meagan said...

Oh Cass, I'm so sorry. It doesn't matter how you loose your dog, when they are gone it is so sad. It's crazy how they get such a big piece of your heart. Hopefully the spring weather will cheer your heart or watch "Marley and Me" and get a good cry in. Take care!

Kim said...

That is very sad:( I feel for you, it would be easier knowing and not having have the guilt of whether there is something you should be doing... I'm sorry.