Dear Jess,
This morning, my kids were yelling at each other. Nothing new, right? Well, in the middle of their little argument, Connor told Haylie, "And I don't love you!" I thought, 'Wow! I didn't think I'd get to apply Jess's experience to our own lives so soon!' After explaining to our kids about how yelling and hitting makes Heavenly Father sad and telling them that the Holy Spirit leaves our home when there is anger present, they both just looked up at me and said, "Oh." Here's how the rest of the conversation went:
Me:.....I love it when we show each other that we love them. It makes us feel safe and happy. When we are hitting and yelling at each other, it makes Heavenly Father very sad and then our home isn't happy anymore.
Haylie: Yeah.
Connor: Yeah, and the policeman will come and get us and get big blood on us and take us to jail.
Haylie: Yeah, they will take you to jail, Connor.
Me:..............
So Jess, thank you for your words of inspiration and enlightenment. I think I will have to keep this in mind, maybe in a couple of years. I guess my kids are a little young for this talk. Oh well.
Sincerely,
Cassi :)
2 comments:
Oh Cassi...thanks for the laugh. The blood part is too darn funny...and SO what Herky would say. Sheesh. I guess they never said it would be easy.
Cassi, you are so sweet. Seasons. There are seasons that we all go through. I'm sure if I would have tried that a few years ago my experience would have been identical to yours:) As a matter of fact, I'm sure we've had conversations about cops taking someone away!!!!
Post a Comment