Okay okay. It's time. Every day I sit down at the computer, click on "Dashboard," and see who's got some new dirt. :) After more than a month, I felt guilty enough and decided to contribute some of my own new dirt.
So... what's been happening in the life of me? Hmmm... a lot I guess. Or a little. Depends on which way you look at it.
The "a little has been going on" part comes in here: Joe got a HUGE pay cut (ha). We found out the middle of July, that starting August 1st, Joe was going to get an almost $4/hr pay cut. Nice warning, huh?! Really put a damper on our lives because we had planned on going to visit Joe's sister Rachel, who had had a new baby on July 21st. Also, Joe's brother Will was getting married July 31st. SO! We decided that we would go anyway and just prayed that everything would turn out okay. And it did. Well, at least so far.
Haylie turned 4!! while we were in Burley! Holy moly! Seriously corny and cliche, but how did that happen? I am freaking out at the thought of her going to Kindergarten next fall... totally not ready for that. I just had a meeting with some ladies here in town about the preschool we are going to run. There will be about 12 kids total, ages 2 to 4, and I'm sure I will later regret deciding to do this. So many things to keep me busy! This weekend is Haylie's birthday party at my mom's. We decided to have a pool party since she has taken to the water like a fish. Should be tons of fun! I will blog about her birthday after I get the pictures from that, as well as the pictures from the party we had in Idaho.
We decided that either one of us would need to get a 2nd job. Joe happened to mention the fact that we would need a 2nd job to one of his co-workers and just like that... he had a job. His co-worker's sister works at Tagaris Restaurant off of Queensgate Rd. and all Joe did was call her. SO simple and SUCH a blessing! Tonight is his first night working, bussing tables and running food. It's just minimum wage, plus tips, but we are hoping its enough to make up the difference of what we are losing.
Other than that, we are "hanging in there," whatever that might mean. Trying to stay positive. I'm grateful that Joe did the '8 days on, 6 days off' thing in the past... I'm hoping it makes this go a lot more smoothly. Apparently business slows down around October, so they will probably let him go and we will have to do the job hunting thing all over again. We are hoping to find a full time job that pays the bills, in between now and then so that Joe only has to work 1 job instead of 2. Not a happy thought of switching careers... we like to think of it as a detour. Survey work is just not happening right now, so doing something else, ANYTHING else, for a while until the economy picks back up, is okay with us.
Well... I'm off to watch a movie. Alone. :'( Hopefully Joe will be home soon. Hope everyone is having a great summer! Look out... before we know it, it will be Fall!!! :D
3 comments:
Wow, that sucks about the second job. Has he worked in a restaurant? It's hard. You're gonna run a preschool? That's great! You're a doof tho, how did you not mention your new business for all the blog people to read and then go shop there?! Then maybe Joe won't need a second job!
What a bummer! We hope and pray things will work out for you.
Sorry your life has been crazy lately. So glad to hear that you guys are hanging in there though. Hope things start looking up soon and I will be sure to check out the new business!
Post a Comment