Nov 8, 2009

Fresh Air

On Joe's day off last week, we took our dog Rusty to the river for a little walk and some retrieving practice. The kids were very excited for a day out with Daddy, especially Haylie, as she is our "outside child." Connor was having fun too, but he doesn't really like to get cold, especially his hands. He had also been a little under the weather last week, so we contemplated taking him. BUT, being cooped up in the house kind of got to me, so we bundled up and headed out. Once we got outside, we realized it was a pretty nice day. :)
This is at the Yakima River, just about a mile down the road from our house. I'm pretty sure Connor is in mid-blink here... kind of a funny picture. :D
Rusty, waiting for Joe to throw the dummy.
Haylie walking down the trail. We are always leaving Connor behind. Every time we go somewhere, inside or out, he has to stop and inspect every little speck of dirt or blade of grass. So, since we were out all by ourselves and I knew he couldn't get hurt, we just kept walking. I tried all sorts of, "Bye, Connor,"'s and "Let's go Connor!"'s but nothing worked. When we finally got back to the car, he was still standing in the same spot, so I sent Haylie after him and this is them running back.



No comments: