Dec 4, 2009

CHAOS

I have been neglecting my blog for a while now. Mainly because with the holidays upon us, there are so many more fun blogs to look at. :) However, a few friends have been posting at least one a day lately, so I figured it really wasn't that fair...

So what's new? Well.. the pregnancy is going great! I got a neck massage on the 20th of November and haven't had a headache since, EXCEPT the very next day (and 2 days before we left for Idaho) I felt a sinus cold coming on. So our entire vacation was a little miserable for me. And wouldn't you know, as soon as we got home, the sinus headaches stopped?! Funny how that works... Other than that, the only thing I really have to complain about is a sensitive gag reflex. With both of my previous pregnancies, I would wake up in the middle of the night, on average 1-3 times a night, and choke on my own spit, and then throw up. Stupid, huh? I haven't gotten sick from it yet; just wake up coughing. Last night was the first night I finally realized that I wasn't coughing from being sick... oh well. I'm about halfway done (almost) so I guess I can handle it for another 23 weeks, right? :/ My next appointment is Monday the 7th, and I am very excited, except for the fact that they're doing all my bloodwork. BUT, we are scheduling my ultrasound for about a week after and I couldn't be more excited!!! Maybe they'll let me schedule it next Friday for my birthday! Now, THAT would be fun! Cross your fingers for a girl!!! :)

Life at home has been pretty stressful. Car sales is a lot harder than it looks, and is completely a mind game it seems. Joe is just the guy for it, and has been getting sales, but each sale, for some reason, has been low profit. We just can't figure it out. The other day, we got a call from Joe's previous co-worker/friend Ben, saying that he knew a guy who worked in Richland and needed a drafter at his engineering firm. So he told him all about Joe, and they decided to meet up at the building on Wednesday and just go and meet the guy. It's a good thing Joe brought a change of clothes! It turned out to be an 1.5 hour interview!! Blessing? Uh yeah, I think so. The hours would be better, the pay better (and a for sure thing), and he'd be home at nights!! :) This opportunity just completely fell into our laps. We got another call yesterday saying that they want him to come on Monday for a second interview, and to meet all of the other managers in the building. Crazy, crazy, I tell ya. Not to complain, because I am SO SO SO grateful, but it's too bad it didn't happen like a couple weeks earlier. Oh well... better late than never, right? The Lord does provide!!!

Anyhow, I would post pictures of our Thanksgiving trip to Idaho, but my computer won't cooperate, so another time! Hope you all are having a great holiday season!!

7 comments:

Taryn said...

how exciting for Joe's new job! Congrats! and your right...the lord does provide..it's just sometime not on our schedule :)

SunnyD said...

I will totally be praying for him and his interviews. We know how THAT goes. ;0)

As for the choking thing...that totally happens to me (the next part is gross...warning)...

It was actually BAD acid reflux. It got worse depending on what I ate that day. Hot dogs about killed me. I would litterally throw up in my sleep and choke on it. Disgusting...but preventable! Zantac is a miracle drug. You should try it. I took two every night before bed.

Rachel said...

My fingers are crossed for Joe! I know it will work out for you guys just keep hanging on! Love Ya!

Shamaine said...

Don't feel to bad, I definitely do not post every day. I'm not sure how people find the time to do that when they have kids. I'm glad your headaches have gone away. I HATE headaches, and get them quit often. It's even worse having them AND being pregnant. That's great to hear about the new job! Hope everything works out.

Taryn said...

hey..my birthday is the 10th. We aren't the same age are we? If so, man you look young.

Taryn said...

ohh well HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! 26...to be 26 again :) WARNING 28 creeps up on ya FAST!!!

Taryn said...

I made my own card in photoshop...I sooo don't love it. BUT it worked and that was the point right :)