Dec 13, 2010

HEY!

Saturday was my birthday. We went out to eat with the family... Mexican food... YUM!! And when Auntie Kelli showed up, she brought goodies for Haylie and Connor! Very typical. Sometimes they're great and sometimes I wonder if she did it just to irritate me. ;) This time, however, she brought Connor a Hot Wheels car and Haylie got stick on nails. She was SO excited! And I was excited too! It brought back memories of my childhood when I used to go to my Nana's house. She would always paint my nails. Or we would go over to the store and she'd buy me some stick on nails - SO much fun for a little girl! Kelli helped her get the right sizes on the right nails, and then Haylie walked all around the table, showing each and every one of us her beautiful fingers. She of course couldn't touch anything. She walked around with her hands extended in front of her, not daring to touch a single thing, for fear she'd break a nail. A few came off in the car when she was buckling her seatbelt, and the world almost ended, but luckily they were easy to put back on and didn't hurt when they got bumped off. We started driving into town and all of a sudden we heard Haylie exclaim, "HEY!! I CAN STILL PICK MY NOSE WITH THESE NAILS ON!" We laughed SO hard! I don't think I'll ever forget that.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man, that is hilarious!! What a girl! She is going to love that you wrote that one down when she gets a little older lol!!

Kendal said...

hahaha! Your kids are hilarious! I love your posts!

Dedre said...

oh my...tooo funny! I love kids! They are soo real!

ohh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wish I had turned your age instead. :)