Yep. It is true. We are moving.
Tomorrow, we are driving the first of our two day trip to Southern, Wyoming. I will be a "Wyoming girl." I never thought I'd say that. I am honestly excited for our new adventure. But boy-oh-boy, the thought of leaving my mommy sure does hurt.
Today at Easter service, and our last day at church, a girl sang the song, "My Redeemer Lives." Let me tell you, the combination of it being our last Sunday and an Easter service is not good. So when she sang this song, the tears started flowing:
I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives, He lives, who once was dead.
He lives, my ever-living Head.
He lives to bless me with His love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with his eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul’s complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives, my kind, wise heav’nly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while He lives I’ll sing.
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King.
He lives and grants me daily breath.
He lives, and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives! All glory to His name!
He lives, my Savior, still the same.
Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives:
“I know that my Redeemer lives.”
All glory to His name!
My Savior, still the same.
What joy this sentence gives:
I know my Savior lives.
Doesn't that just say it all? I just couldn't stop and I only cry in front of people that I am extremely close to. The other bad thing about it is that crying gives me a headache. It doesn't matter how much I cry... a few tears and my day is shot. By the time I got out to the car, I had a full on migraine. A quick stop at the grocery store for some Excedrine Migraine and a diet pepsi, a cold wash cloth and laying in bed has kicked it for now. Holy cow, I honestly thought I was going to either die or pass out, it was that bad. I should be throwing bedding and dirty clothes in boxes, but I'm pretty sure Joe and the kids would like to keep their heads today. ;)
So tomorrow morning, we (including my wonderful Mom), are headed out. An overnight stay in Burley and then the rest of the way on Tuesday. This has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, thus far. Isn't it funny how you think you could never experience anything more difficult? I remember the last hard thing I did, and this is way harder. I KNOW, though, that Heavenly Father won't ever "give me" something I can't handle, so he must think I'm stronger than how I've been acting. Guess it's time to cowboy up and get busy. We ARE leaving in the morning, whether this house is packed up or not. And I'm pretty sure my mom would be a tad annoyed if she had to come and finish packing for us... ;)
I am excited to have new things to blog about. Keep checking back for fun new things to read and see! The good thing about blogging buddies, is that I'm really not leaving any of you! I am so grateful for the last 4 years, 2 months, and 9 days that we have lived here. I've gotten to know so many new people and have loved living so close to my mom and dad. We will miss them terribly but hope to be back. I don't like this decision we've made, but I honestly believe we are headed in the right direction. I know I will grow from it.
I guess I will end this rambling post. Love love love my home state of Washington. But it's time to get to know a new one!
3 comments:
ohh..LOVED THIS POST!
You're right...great thing about blogging friends, you never really leave them!
You're right...the hardest thing you will ever do, will most likely be the biggest blessing.
So true that the hardest thing you will ever do will most likely be the biggest blessing! I love that thought, it gives me lots of hope. We are so glad to have you here in Wyoming! We will have many adventures!
I totally know how hard it is to leave your home state and your mom. When we moved to Washington I had a really hard time because it was all so brand new. 2 years later and I still miss my mom and get a little homesick for the mountains and warm Utah summer nights, but I love Washington and the friends I've made here. Good luck on your new adventure!
Post a Comment