Little Maggie turned ONE on Thursday! I really cannot believe it’s been a year since we brought her home… sounds so cheesy, but it’s true. So much has happened this past year; all for the best and hopefully helping us head in the right direction.
With everything going on these past couple of weeks, Maggie’s birthday sort of snuck up on us. So we decided that we would celebrate her birthday the day after when Joe’s mom and dad were going to be here. Unfortunately, Joe and I were headed to Green River on Friday to meet with his uncle/counselor at the college. My wonderfully, amazing, talented, patient, beautiful, awesome sister-in-law planned a HUGE party for everyone while we were gone. I seriously don’t know what I would do without her… (she better go on a date with her hubby soon, so I can at least feel like I’ve paid her back a little). There were streamers, delicious food and drinks, TONS of presents and LOTS of people! We roasted hot dogs and “smarmeshlows” on our little fire pit and had our first watermelon of the year, potato salad, green salad and chips and salsa. Everything looked so wonderful! OH, and did I mention that my SIL, Rachel, watched Haylie and Connor AND her two girls all day long while planning this party? She deserves a huge reward!!
Joe and I got Maggie this fun car! My brother had one when he was little and he called it, “My Cah.” They make ‘em WAY better these days… there’s a handle on the back so that we can push her around, AND a little tray that goes under her feet so she won’t slide out. She LOVES it (And so do Haylie, Connor, Lucy and especially Naomi)!
I promised my mom I’d post the video of Maggie eating her cupcake. It took me a while to figure out how to download it, but my amazing SIL, ONCE AGAIN, saved the day and showed me how. I think Maggie likes frosting.
After cake, Maggie had a bath (trust me, she needed it). Then we opened presents! (Side note: Rachel and Steve have these awesome little kid chairs from IKEA and Maggie is constantly throwing little fits if she wants to get in one and there’s already someone in it.) Gramma Tami got Maggie her very own little chair. It has Tinker Bell on it and she LOVES it! When she saw it, she got up and practically ran to it, hugged it and then buried her little face in it, saying, “Ohhhhhh,” over and over. Once she got up into it, she just kicked back. She had this little smile on her face the entire time and kicked her little legs like she didn’t have a single care in the world!
Maggie was screaming in this picture because Naomi made a bee line for the chair when Maggie stood up for a split second. I am always SO surprised at Maggie’s feisty personality. I just don’t remember Haylie or Connor “knowing” what they wanted at such a young age. Let me tell you though- if Maggie wants it, she is not afraid to make a little noise!
Auntie Rachel got this little dolly for Maggie.. It wasn’t even out of the package yet and she was rubbing kisses all over it. Notice how she is still in the chair?
Haylie, Connor and Lucy each got her a little toy as well. She will like those a little more once things die down a little bit. It was already 9:00 by the time we opened presents and Maggie had had it. What a wonderful 1st birthday party!!! We are so grateful for our wonderful family!
[Funny story: Rachel told me that she took the kids to the little store here in town and told them to each pick out a toy to give Maggie for her birthday. The girls, of course picked out dolls and stuffed animals. Connor picked up a sword and some trains. When Rachel told him that he should probably look for something a little more girly, that Maggie would like better, he simply told her, “I KNOW Maggie will LOVE these.” Rachel’s such a softy… Connor came home with the trains.]
Thank you, thank you, thank you Rachel and Steve for such a wonderful, stress free (for us) birthday party! It was perfect and we are so thankful for you guys. We love you!
5 comments:
It was way fun Cassi, I will take advantage of any excuse to have a party....Steve will tell you I just can't help myself. She is so adorable! I feel so lucky she gets to be here for a while and I can get to know her properly :)
How fun!!! She is SO cute!! I need to meet this little munchkin!! I can't believe she's a year old... we'll be having Bryn's party soon too... this just made me SO EXCITED for it :) OK... Rach come on down your other one yr old niece needs a killer party now :)
holy moly...a year? gosh time flies by!
Looks like a fun party. There is NOTHING like family! and wow this Rachel sounds pretty awesome!
soo happy, things are going good!
I loved watching that video and hearing everyone's voices. What a great party, and what a sweet girl!
Thanks for the video, I'll wear it out. Love the look on her face sitting in her new chair...miss you guys...Thanks Rachel!
Post a Comment