This last Sunday the 9 of us loaded up and drove about a half hour to the neighboring town of Saratoga. CUTE, fun town! Rachel and Steve took us to a fun little park with a really cute bridge. How could we pass up this perfect photo opportunity with such cute little kids?! Naomi would have jumped right into the river if we’d have let her.
Wyoming is SUPER cold still. We’re talking heavy snow. We were all dressed in long pants and coats and hoods and these boys thought it was like the middle of summer! We saw this truck and trailer full of high school boys drive by a few times and finally Joe said, “Get a picture!” So I grabbed my camera and as soon as I put the camera up the boy with the sunglasses and no hat waved at me. I was just thinking… ‘Oh great. This kid thinks I’m “taking pictures of HIM.”’ Come to find out, these boys were hauling sand bags down to the river that is expected to flood. It’s called the North Platte River and apparently it’s expected to flood severely from the “way more than normal” snow pack.
Maggie wasn’t allowed to play on the bridge so she just played by this rock. She was ok with that.
Just a cool picture. I actually took this picture in the car while we were driving. How lucky is that?
After playing around in Saratoga for a while, we drove up the road a little bit, through some mountains called The Snowy Range. BEAUTIFUL. The contrast of colors at this spot was amazing- I couldn’t help but take a picture. LOVE it.
Joe took this picture… we thought the big snow drift was really cool set against the blue sky. Wyoming really is a beautiful state.. you just have to search to find the really pretty parts.
We drove as far as we could go… there was still too much snow to drive all the way to Laramie. There was a little clearing where a snow blower was parked, so we all piled out! 4 adults, 4 kids, (Maggie was sleeping) and 3 dogs.
Now, I know it looks like it would be cold. But it seriously wasn’t. I was wearing flip flops… It was cold on my feet, but the sun was SO WARM! As you can see, Connor isn’t wearing a jacket and he didn’t complain once! Well… if you don’t count his cold hands.
I ended up taking more pictures of the dogs, than kids because they were having SO MUCH FUN! I could have stood out there all day watching them wrestle and run around.
Brutus is Rachel and Steve’s lab. And we have Lucy (she’s an English Pointer) and Lady (our slightly overweight Beagle).
I just couldn’t stop taking pictures of Lady. She was having so much fun! She is 5.5 years old and has started to get a wee bit lazy. I loved seeing her act like a puppy again.
I’m positive she has a smile on her face in every picture.
Lucy probably ran 5 miles in the short 20 minutes we were there. This girl can “RUNNOFT!” (For you, Chels ;)
Great times had by all! Can’t wait to explore some more new territory!
2 comments:
Great pictures!! You guys seem to be settling in just fine. I guess you found a home for Pickles?
hahah...wyoming really is pretty..you just have to look for it :) too funny! and Soo true!
I know exactly what you mean about it looks cold, but the sun made it feel short sleeve weather. It was like that a LOT back home...miss it...kinda :)
Post a Comment