I am having a really hard time with the fact that instead of having only about a month left of Winter, like we would have had in Washington, we have 2 months or MORE! The fact that this Winter has been extremely mild (or so we’ve been told) helps a little bit, but still. It’s freezing!
Lately, I’ve been getting the spring cleaning bug. Today I threw out a few things I had on my countertop- a recipe book holder, a bunch of papers I’d been saving and I moved a big jar of pasta so that my counters would look less cluttered. It’s SO cold outside, but when the sun shines, I pretend it’s Springtime and that it’s time to start cleaning out my house.
A lot of times, I find myself doing “projects” during the Winter, but it’s so hard to paint in the cold weather. And since my Spring fever has gotten so bad lately, I’ve realized I have been looking for something to “fix.” SO, today, I bought this. For $30! Yeah, I’m serious. It’s heavy and sturdy and I’m going to paint it red. Or maybe a light blue. Or maybe dark blue. But probably red. It needs a little work, and thankfully my awesome and talented brother-in-law is here to help me. The hutch is only barely taller than me, so I think I will have Joe remove the bottom part (under the doors) and attach a taller base. Also, there are no stoppers to keep the doors from swinging all the way inside the hutch, so I’ll ask him to attach some latches or something. And the COOLEST part is that the doors have no knobs! YAY! I can’t wait to go find some really fun ones! (I think I will NOT decorate the top with a doily. Or anywhere else for that matter. ;)
I can’t wait to start this new project! And like Sam (my b.i.l.) said… if I hate it in my house, I can always use it for storage in the garage if I need to.
Some other things I’m stewing over… recovering my dining chairs, using the oodles of vinyl to finally make my signs, and repaint a little round lamp table (the people I bought it from painted it lavender… :O ).
This all makes me feel giddy and like I have a new reason to live. Also, I’m going home! My dad is having back surgery on the 27th, so I am using it as an excuse to go home and help him out for a week. I’m taking the kids but poor Joe has to stay here and hold down the fort. And THEN… just a couple weeks after I get back, my mom, sister and her awesome boyfriend are coming to visit me! All the way in Wyoming! Both Kelli and her boyfriend live in Seattle, so we feel very grateful and blessed to have them make such a long trek. It’ll end up being about 15-16 hours of drive time for them. Thank you Kelli and Cody! And thanks to my momma for using her car to haul everyone here. My mom is super mom… like really. Last summer/fall she hauled about 8 boxes of fresh produce from home so that I could have some home grown fruits and vegetables to can. This will be her 3rd trip here since September of last year. Isn’t she amazing?! Can’t wait to see you, Mom!
Sorry this post was so “all over the place.” I’ve just been feeling so unsettled lately. Like something big needs to happen.
2 comments:
Very cool hutch! You got a great deal. I cannot wait to see it! How fun, just set it up in your garage with a space heater and start working!!! That is the only way that I can paint in the winter time. Winter is a good time to get projects done, then in the spring you have new stuff to decorate your house with, and in the summer you can spend your time camping and playing!!
lots to look forward too. I love projects. Can't wait to see your finished ones. The hutch looks like it will be awesome!
Post a Comment