Regret sucks. Giordi and Rachel, I should have listened to you girls. I mean, what was I thinking? The lines on this little table are amazing and there wasn’t a single scratch on it! Now that I think about it… based on the location of where I picked up the table and the people who sold it to me (not trying to judge- but they were pretty shady), and the condition of the table, I’m starting to feel like maybe I just bought a stolen piece of furniture. :/
Anyway, not important. So I did paint this and while it doesn’t look horrible, I am still feeling like someday down the road, I will probably strip the paint and re-stain it. It really is too cool. I don’t like how the paint sort of camouflages the cool lines on the legs. And I really like the slanted lines on either side of the drawer. But for now, it is what it is. It works for the boy’s room and now he can read before bed without having to get up and turn his light off.
So while my sister was here during the third week in March, she helped me sand down and paint two coats. And then after she left, I did one more coat and called it good. I bought this paint at Ace Hardware, because it’s the closest place to my house and it’s “Soft Serenity” by Benjamin Moore in a pearl finish. I only bought a quart too, and it did both his dresser and this table. Pretty good deal, if you ask me!
Thanks Kel for helping with the boy’s table! :) And sorry… I promise you Giordi Beth and Rachel that I will one day strip the paint and leave it natural. ;) Lesson learned.
1 comment:
Super cute in your son's room. Regret? Nah. The wood's under there...you can get it back. Just enjoy it while it's blue. ;)
Post a Comment