Yesterday, we went down to Lake Powell (about 5 miles down the mesa from Page), which is widely known for its size and the beautiful rock formations/mesas outlining it. There were MANY tourists...mostly from Europe. The kids had fun playing, even though the water has already dropped 10 degrees since the warmest part of the summer. Both Haylie and Connor LOVE the water, but Connor wasn't interested in this big lake. I'm sure it has something to do with Joe being gone too...he likes swimming with Daddy. :)
The kids and Grampa (or Pom as Connor calls him).
Little Miss Haylie stopping for a fraction of a second to say "cheese!"
Somehow, I caught this awesome picture of Connor... with his little hands on his hips, frown and all!
Haylie and Auntie Lis
Connor exploring the dunes...
Right before I took this I said, "Haylie, say 'cheese!'" To which she replied, "N-n-no I c-can't because I'm f-f-freezing. That's why I can't say ch-cheese." Her teeth were chattering so hard; it was the cutest thing. :)

Grampa Mark
Gramma Tami doing what she does best!!
The view from the beach...
Grampa Mark
Connor and Mommy
Gramma Tami and all 3 cousins; Lucy, Haylie and Connor
And last but not least, Haylie and her apple; teeth still chattering away. She hardly looks like a baby anymore. She's definitely become a little girl. So bittersweet.....
More to come!
3 comments:
I have always wanted to go to lake Powell. So much fun! So there is this lady in prosser Jill Durrant and her parents are from Page, AZ. Here dad was a General Authority. Trying to remember their name... But didn't joes parents just move there? And there a prob a ton of mo's that live there. Right?
Aw, Lake Powell? I'm jealous! I remember spending lots of summer's out on the lake, my grandparents used to have a houseboat and we'd stay on the lake for like a week.
You're awful brave to travel that far with two kiddos without your hubby! I won't even drive to Spokane by myself, haha!
FUN!!! And BRAVE woman to do that drive:) I couldn't hack that I am a wuss when it comes to a car ride with kids! So did you go down for 3 weeks? Did Haylie and Connor have fun? He looks so much older in those pictures even from the summer! If Joe has another long trip you should drive to Vancouver:)
Post a Comment