Dec 11, 2008

~A Bunch Rolled Into One~

Today was a BUSY day!!! It started out not so busy, which was really nice. Joe took the day off today, for my birthday, and so since he was home, it was a very relaxing week day. He started out the day by making me breakfast, doing a bunch of dishes, and getting the kids ready for the day. SO, I was able to take my time getting ready. We had a quick lunch at home, and then headed out for the day to have some fun!
Joe has been bugging me to get Connor's hair cut forever, so first off, he MADE me take Connor to get a haircut. I say MADE because I was really having a hard time letting go of his little baby curls. For some reason my mind is telling me that he is not a baby anymore :(
Mommy & Connor getting ready for the new do!
Yes, I bribe my kid so he will sit still.
Goodbye curls :(
The good thing is, the sides and back still have little wispy wings, so I'm pretty certain it'll grow back curly ;)!
After the haircut, we headed over to Famous Dave's for dinner. We met up with my mom and her husband, my dad :), brother, Aunt, and cousin. It was a lot of fun! My mom got me a facial!!!, so I'm really excited!!
Here's Haylie waiting to go inside! It was SOOOO cold here today!
This is what Connor does when you say, "Connor- show Dad your teeth (smile)." He's a crack up!
We are leaving town next Friday for the holidays, and so have procrastinated BIG time on getting a tree and decorating for Christmas. I guess half of my brain was saying it's not worth it, since the tree will probably be dead when we get home anyway. HOWEVER, I just couldn't go through the holidays without decorating... So- we stopped at Home Depot after dinner and picked up a small tree. When we got home, of course, Haylie had to help put the ornaments and lights on the tree. It was SO fun...!
Here's Haylie putting the star on top!
The final product... a little blurry, but very pretty! It feels much more like the holidays now, and the smell of the tree is Heavenly!

6 comments:

Jess said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!!! Your tree is beautiful. We haven't had a real tree in years, I miss that.

meagan said...

Glad that putting up a tree was worth the effort. Connors little curls are cute, who does he get them from? I bet it was so fun having Joe around on your birthday! Hope that the rest of your holiday season goes great!

Katy said...

Oh that first haircut is always so hard. I feel like it makes them grow up in minutes. Happy Birthday, I hope it was wonderful! I love real trees! they smell so amazing!

SunnyD said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I'm not going to lie...it almost hurt looking at those sweet curls go. I think I would have made my husband take him. They are so cute!

Chelsea Rivas said...

Happy birthday! We should totally try to meet up. We'll be stopping in Boise for the night (or Ontario or maybe even Baker City...depends on how the kiddos are). Where are you guys headed?

Amy said...

Cassi~ Yes, I soooo remember you! You still look exactly the same. And your daughter Hailey looks just like you. I have been watching your blog and enjoying all the wonderful things happening in your life. LOVE the new house and your children are adorable!! Please feel free to "stalk" my blog anytime :)