Jan 3, 2009

Play date anyone?

My dad got this for the kids for Christmas this year and it was our "biggest" gift. I was a little surprised he got it for my kids, because we begged him to get us one when we were little and he wouldn't do it. Apparently he had a friend who got paralyzed on a trampoline when they were kids, so he was scared of them. This one has the net that goes all the way around it, with a door that zips closed, so I think he felt a little bit better about that.
Joe was like a kid in a candy store with this trampoline! His family grew up with one, so he was very excited to set it up for Haylie and Connor as soon as the snow melted. I told him I heard that there was supposed to be another storm coming, but he didn't care. He said he'd just take it apart if it did snow again. Mmhmm...sure he will! As you can see, everyone is in their big coats and hats, except for Connor who was only on for a couple of minutes. They LOVE it! I'm so excited for this summer! I feel like I'm part of the "play date club" and can have something to entertain kids with.

5 comments:

meagan said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. I loved the tramp we had when we were kids- we spent hundreds of hours on it and ours stayed up in the snow too- we just had to shovel it before jumping. The new family pic is cute

Amy said...

My kids are going to be soooo envious! They have been asking for one forever and like your dad I have been a bit against it. Maybe I will have to look into it a little bit better. Have fun hopping along...should make for a GREAT way to wear the kids out for nice LONG naps!!!!!!! ENJOY!

Jennilyn Kent said...

How fun Cassi! What a great dad you have!

Kim said...

Fun! Thats one of those great things about being a home owner... I would love one, but don't want to move one. I love the net factor! Bronx was on my moms about a year ago and chipped his front tooth... I was devastated. (hers doesn't have a net or covering) Anyhow dont worry about the shoes, I'm with you you on new shoes;) Thanks though!!!

Katy said...

It's a date!! Just give me a call when you can! Now that the Holidays are over and the babies are born, I should have a little spare time on my hands!