Jun 28, 2009

Andy & Katie

Yesterday I had the honor of being a bridesmaid in my cousin Katie's wedding. She was SO beautiful... the wedding was beautiful... the reception was amazing... I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding. There was no stress, no "bridezilla," no bad feelings at all. Andy, her husband, is awesome and is going to fit right in with the family. I know they will be so happy together!This is just after she put her dress on. Her bouquet was so beautiful... the florist added blueberries to it. GREAT idea!
Just before we left for the church.
Andy and Katie in the limo.
Waiting for the ceremony to start... Her feet were getting hot so us girls got some wet paper towels to cool them off. :)
Joe and my good friend Kortnie's little girl, Alison.
First dance.
Father/Daughter dance #2. Uncle Craig and Kate dancing to "My Maria" by Brooks & Dunn (Uncle Craig's favorite song :).
Father/Daughter dance #1, "I Hope You Dance," by Leann Womach
What an amazing day and weekend! I was up early, early yesterday morning - 5:AM to be exact. I rode out to the house with Kortnie (who did some of the girls' hair) and we started getting ready around 7:AM. Pictures were at 10... The limo showed up at 11:30... And then we headed off to the church around noon. The ceremony started at 2 and then we were back out to Aunt Teresa's house by about 5:PM I think. Dinner was great and then we just danced the night away! Literally! My mom watched Haylie and Connor for me (she's the best :) so Joe and I had a really fun date night! I think we got back to her house around 11:45ish... yikes! I don't really feel that old, but heck! I can't stay up that late anymore! I had a pounding headache this morning and have just been so exhausted all day long. BUT... way worth it!
Katie & Andy, thank you for asking me to be a party of your wedding. What an amazing day!Congratulations! I love you guys!

4 comments:

Emma said...

What a beatiful bride, and a beautiful wedding! You are blessed to be part of a loving family.

meagan said...

sounds like a fun, but exhausting day! glad you and joe had a fun time together! i get so tired when we stay up too late these days too, how did that happen? Rhone and I will be gone before Will's wedding, so I guess we won't get to see you :(

Katy said...

What a beautiful bride! Looks like you all had a great time! I haven't seen Katy in years, looks exactly the same! Glad you had such a great time! I love weddings! :)

hayleyharts said...

what a pretty wedding..and your dress was really cute too.