Nov 14, 2009

Recipe for Quiet

1. A few chairs
2. A few blankets
3. Some "fish and those" (aka fish crackers and dried cranberries)
4. A LONG movie, such as Mary Poppins
What do you get?

Happy kids. And what do you get from that? A happy Mom.

It seems like with Joe working such crappy hours, no time off this past week, being pregnant (i.e. hormones galore, fatigue, more hormones, etc. etc.), our lives are just so jumbled. Things just feed off of each other. I've been having headaches which makes me grouchy, which makes my kids naughty, which makes me yell, which gives me headaches. Do you see how it's a never ending cycle?

Today, all of a sudden, I had a genius idea! Actually, we've done it before, but never has it sounded so appealing! We set up this little "tent" in the living room, put on Mary Poppins (which is a good 2 hours or more long, which means by the time it's done, it'll be lunch time and then nap time :), threw in some blankets and pillows and now I am sitting here in peace and quiet, feeling VERY headache free. :)

5 comments:

Chelle said...

That is a great idea! Glad you were able to get a little peace and quiet. How are you feeling other than the headaches?

SunnyD said...

Awww.....way to turn a crummy day into a good Mom moment. I swear...my kids NEVER watch more TV than in my first trimester AND the babies first few months.

Rachel said...

Nice Fort! Looks like lots of fun at your house. I agree that in my first trimester Lucy became a serious t.v. junky. It is sad, but was a necessity at the time. We are trying to ween her bit by bit now, and we have lots of t.v. watching withdrawals :)

Wells and Holly said...

Great idea-I'll have to remember this for the future!

Kim said...

yay for some quiet, we need a good fort at our home sometime soon:) congrats on baby 3:) that is a big jump - you are brave:) cant wait to find out the gender!