This pregnancy has done wonders, so far, for my energy level. I'm 22.2 weeks and already I have been nesting like CRAZY!! Today, I got out the materials (which I bought about a year ago) for our "Be Good Chart." Go ahead and laugh if you want... my artistic skills are not the best. In fact, when I asked Haylie about the "Be Polite" sticker and what she thought it meant, she said he was sneezing. SO, because he's a MUCH better artist than I am, I had Joe do the pictures for "Be Polite," "Share," the beds and then he thought we needed a circle with a line through it on "No Yell(ing)."
Haylie gets the magazine 'Highlight' every month, so we looked through it for some little pictures that would fit on the velcro strips. I pasted the pictures on a piece of cardboard, and then stuck the cardboard on the velcro. The extra velcro I had left over, I stuck at the bottom for the extra stickers.
As of 10 minutes ago, Haylie had three stickers. However, I told her that she needed to go to bed, so that she could get her nap time sticker and when she threw a big fit, including screaming at me and running away from me, she lost the opportunity to get that sticker, and she also lost her "Be Polite" sticker.Connor also threw a big fit when we told him it was nap time, so he will also not be getting his. :( Hopefully this is not how it will be every day... I'd really like for this to work. We decided that the only way they would get their stickers, is if they do what we ask the first time, or if they do one of the things on the chart all by themselves. If we have to ask them more than once, they lose the chance to get that sticker.


4 comments:
Holy cow, I was way behind on your blog! Looks like you guys hav been keeping busy! I lvoe the chart idea, I have tried it and I think it works if you are consistant, but for us after the first week or so the "fun" of the chart wore off. So....we just sortof stopped doing it. One website I found through my cousin though is really fun and Haylee would love it because of the computer part of it, it's handipoints.com Anyway, Gracie loves it and if I keep up on my part, she does on hers too! :) Good luck! Oh and on another note, BOYS EAT A TON!!!! I told Mike we are both going to have to work two jobs when we have three teenage boys in our house! Another reason why your little girl is a blessing! :)
What a creative idea. I like that you call it the "be good chart", not the chore chart- it sounds much more inspiring that way. I love seeing you fun updates. You have such cute kiddos!
Wow! Impressive work there. you are a lot more ambitious than me, but I bet it will belp things at your house run more smoothly. Good Luck!
That's a great idea! I remember when Katy and Mike did it. I think it works great, but, like Katy said, you definitely haev to be consistent! I haven't tried anything like that with Avery yet, but it won't be long before we do something similar I'm sure! Let us know how it works for ya!
Post a Comment