Yes. You read that right. Yesterday, we had some things to return at Costco, and it was about lunch time, so we stopped at the little eating place and got some pizza. There was a little family with a boy about Haylie's age sitting next to us, and he and Haylie were making some big eyes at each other. We didn't think anything of it, until she looked at Joe and said, "Dad. That boy keeps looking at me. I think he wants to marry me."
Ahh, the new leotard. As soon as she opened this, all of the clothes went off, and the new leo went on. I LOVED this one. Unfortunately, there really wasn't a whole lot of growing room in it, so we had to take it back and exchange it for a less cute one (in my opinion). She likes it though, so that's all that matters (or something). Boy does she LOVE gymnastics!!!
This picture is the morning after Christmas, and Haylie walked out of her room looking exactly like this. WHOA!! I guess that's what having curly hair will do to ya'. It's a good thing she is still young enough to laugh at this picture. :)
Here she is playing her new Dora computer game that she got for Christmas. I was tired of always telling her to stay away from the computer, not because she was messing things up, but because she's totally computer literate. So Joe and I decided to get her her own game so she'd leave everything else alone. It's AWESOME for us, because if let's say we have been asking her to clean up her toys, all we have to say is, "Haylie, if you want to play your Dora game, you have to clean your room." (Please ignore the messy counter tops in the background. Christmas did me no favors this year in staying organized.)
This is Haylie, Christmas morning, at Grammy's in her new "jogging outfit," as she likes to call it. She LOVES this outfit and it really is cute on her. Connor got a navy blue one just like it, and they both would wear them every day if we'd let them. Thankfully (I think), both of my kids are a little OCD about being clean, so usually I can get them to take it off to be washed.
Ahh, the new leotard. As soon as she opened this, all of the clothes went off, and the new leo went on. I LOVED this one. Unfortunately, there really wasn't a whole lot of growing room in it, so we had to take it back and exchange it for a less cute one (in my opinion). She likes it though, so that's all that matters (or something). Boy does she LOVE gymnastics!!!
This picture is the morning after Christmas, and Haylie walked out of her room looking exactly like this. WHOA!! I guess that's what having curly hair will do to ya'. It's a good thing she is still young enough to laugh at this picture. :)
Here she is playing her new Dora computer game that she got for Christmas. I was tired of always telling her to stay away from the computer, not because she was messing things up, but because she's totally computer literate. So Joe and I decided to get her her own game so she'd leave everything else alone. It's AWESOME for us, because if let's say we have been asking her to clean up her toys, all we have to say is, "Haylie, if you want to play your Dora game, you have to clean your room." (Please ignore the messy counter tops in the background. Christmas did me no favors this year in staying organized.)
This is Haylie, Christmas morning, at Grammy's in her new "jogging outfit," as she likes to call it. She LOVES this outfit and it really is cute on her. Connor got a navy blue one just like it, and they both would wear them every day if we'd let them. Thankfully (I think), both of my kids are a little OCD about being clean, so usually I can get them to take it off to be washed. I just love this girl. I am so excited about having another girl for Haylie to love on. She loves her brother, but boy can they butt heads! I remember reading Sunny's post a while back about the joys of having a sister, and that's probably why I wanted another girl so badly! We are going to have so much fun! They will be almost 5 years apart, which will be perfect, I hope. Enough years that they won't be at each other's throats, but not too many that Haylie won't want to play with the new baby. Maybe having a new baby girl will help ease the anxiety of Haylie growing up...maybe. Kindergarten this fall??? Crap.
2 comments:
ok this is one of my fave posts! so many fun things, but just simple normal things. the marry me thing.Hilarious! the leotard sooo cute! the wild hair! priceless! the dora game, I know exactly what you mean, about keeping them off your computer. My girls are terrible! and having a baby girl Precious! Haylie will forever be thankful she got a sister! you know all about sisters, and how great they are. soo I am soooo happy for you getting another girl! How fun! ohh and kindergarten..oh crap I know! it's a tough one!
She'll be in kindergarten?!?! Whoa! I guess I thought her and Bronx were same age/grade... She is so fun and has such a great personality! As for the married things - it cracks me up the things that go through girls heads at such young ages!!! Navie already talks about getting married - and Bronx cries no i dont want her to get married and leave our house! :)
Post a Comment