Jan 14, 2010

So Sweet...

I just had to post this little story real quick, before I forget it forever! A few weeks ago, my mom took Haylie to see "The Princess and the Frog," had some lunch at McIndonald's (as my kids call it), and then they went grocery shopping. It was the first time they had gone on a girl date, and Haylie was SO SO excited to be able to go (luckily for her, she was a good girl ;).

While they were at the grocery store, my mom said they ran into one of her good friends from PHS, Brenda, who had recently lost her dad. Mom said Brenda was a little weepy (I think the funeral was that day or the day before) and you could tell she had been crying. Brenda hadn't seen Haylie since she was a tiny baby, and so when my mom said, "Haylie, this is my friend Brenda. Can you say hi?" she assumed Haylie would hide behind her leg and become shy. Instead, Haylie walked over and wrapped her arms around Brenda's neck, giving her the biggest hug.

When I heard this story, it just brought tears to my eyes. It just touched my heart so much... the things little kids pick up on. I really believe Haylie was inspired, or touched or whatever you want to call it, by our Heavenly Father at that moment. What a huge thing for a little girl to do for someone who obviously just needed a hug!

I don't know if she has or will ever read my blog, but if you do, Brenda, we love you very much!

4 comments:

SunnyD said...

Awww....it's so true. Kids have amazing healing power. We think we have to say and do cool stuff to make people feel better but Haylie knew better. :)

Wells and Holly said...

What a sweet girl! That's a story every mom wants to hear.

Shamaine said...

That is so cute! In our old ward in Vancouver, a little girl randomly came up to me and gave me a hug one Sunday. It totally made my day! :)

Katy said...

What a sweet girl! Sounds like her Mommy! :)