“Little Haylie” started basketball practice last night. :/ How did that happen??? She is by far the least experienced on the team. I wasn't surprised that she is the least experienced though. She shows a lot of potential, so it’s OK. :) Her coach made a comment about her not being afraid to shoot the ball... apparently beginners are a little hesitant to shoot...? As athletic as Haylie is, I’m sure she will be just fine! I’m embarrassed to say that we don’t have a basketball at home, but she got to take one home from practice so that she could practice her dribbling and ball handling.
Poor Connor feels so left out… he just kept telling me that he wanted to play basketball too.. They even started fighting over the ball when we got home, so it got put away until the arguing stopped. I told Haylie if she went to bed like a good girl last night, she would be allowed to put it in her room this morning where it would wait for her until she got home from school. So this morning when I went in to get her up for her shower, the first thing she said was, “Can I have my ball now?”
She’ll have practices every Wednesday night at 6:30 and her games will be on Saturdays. And the best thing- all her games will be here in town! NICE!! I love that she isn’t afraid. She walked right up to her team, not knowing a single one of them, and got in line. She’s so social and I am truly thankful for that. I’m hoping that she finishes the season with a better understanding of the sport and some muscle! It takes her entire body to get that ball up that high…
1 comment:
Oh that is great!!! I hope she plays and loves it! I did. I started when I was 7, practiced everyday out in our driveway, all year long. My dad was great, he would always play with me after work. she looks so cute shooting that ball, I cannot believe how grown up she is.
Post a Comment