Oct 8, 2010

ZOO

I used to be adventurous. While Joe and I were dating and then when we got married, before we had Haylie, I used to be fun. There was a side of me that just said, "Ah screw it. Let's do it." Mostly, "it" meant going or doing something new and fun. I think having kids changed that part of me. I am such a worrier. Everything makes me nervous. So when Joe said on Thursday, "Let's go to Seattle and go to the zoo this weekend! We can stay in a hotel and see Kelli and Sam (his brother)!" I hesitated. It took me forever to decide that that was OK. I really wanted to go, but I just couldn't get over it being an "on a whim" decision. Joe's family, especially, will understand when I say that all of the decisions Joe and I have made since we started dating have been rash. Good ones, thankfully, but all very sudden. I finally decided that it would be alright. It wasn't a life altering decision, and we packed up and left right after Haylie got out of school. It was a LONG trip to Seattle. Haylie, it turned out, was coming down with something and the kids got hungry and yadda, yadda, yadda... A stop in Ellensburg for a snack and some Tylenol for Haylie's fever. Then 20 miles later, a stop in Cle Elum for dinner (weren't thinking on that one). Then FINALLY we made it to our hotel. The plan was we were going to meet my sister and her boyfriend and my step-sister and her family at breakfast Saturday morning after we picked up Joe's brother. After a few "minor" mishaps, we finally made it. We ate at Portage Bay Cafe (A MUST FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS AN AMAZING BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH) and then headed over to the zoo. We were WAY too busy having fun, so not too many pictures... the weather was awesome!!! 65 degrees and a little cloudy. PERFECT!!! As you can see, I liked the giraffes. They were breathtaking and so majestic. Anyway, great times had by all!!! Can't wait to do it again!! :D (P.S. Sorry the pictures are a little blurry... I think there was a smudge on our lense.)















3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like so much fun, it has been years since we have been to the zoo. I have found that some of our finest adventures have been spur of the moment! But I can definitely understand the hesitation. Steve always feels the same way with me. Us Rose's just have an impulsive streak that we cant seem to beat.

Cathrynn said...

I love that zoo. It is tons of fun. I really like the bears and I think it is funny they have a magpie at the zoo.

Holly said...

I love those last minute trips that turn out so fun. We still haven't taken Seth to the zoo-this definitely makes me want to go!