Oct 8, 2010

Love Like Crazy

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I had the Internet radio playing tonight while I was doing stuff on the computer, and this song just really hit home for me. There's so much of it that describes our marriage and/or how I envision it to be in the future (minus the getting married at 17 part):

They called them crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That’s crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Yea that’s crazy

Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy they'll never take off
He sold his one man shop to Microsoft
They paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Aint that crazy?

OUR story is pretty crazy. We started out with next to nothing and went about things in a way that I would probably change if I could go back, but he's my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without him.

I know I was "the talk of the town" when Joe's and my relationship began, but look at us now! I know I made the right decisions with my life, no matter what anyone says.

I have a wonderful husband who puts me and our kids first, no matter what. We have our problems, but who doesn't? He brags about me to his friends, kisses me in public, and thinks of me all day, every day. We have 3 BEAUTIFUL children together and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have it any other way. I love love love where we have ended up. I hope we are together for at least another 58 years...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it. Reading this makes me want to work harder on my own marriage :) You and Joe really are a perfect match, and even if you didnt exactly do things the easy way, what matters is where you are now. And you have a beautiful family, I am so glad Joe found you. You have always been a part of our family!!!!

Yvonne said...

I love that song! :) And I think you and Joe are sweet. :)

Taryn said...

oh that's sweet! To be honest...I remember hearing about you when you first got married, and how you married a mormon etc. :) makes me kinda giggle now about it. Isn't it so funny how silly people think and act sometimes. But we are all human I guess.

I'm happy you married Joe too! I'm happy you gained a testimony of the gospel, and I'm soo happy you and your little family are sealed for eternity! Sometimes, don't you feel like nothing could make your life more perfect!

Brandon & Tiff said...

I love this song too Cass! Your family is adorable and you and Joe do seem perfect for each other. They way things work out is always as you would have planned, but looking back it is always for the best. Even if it was hard at the time. Love the new blog look too!!

Mark said...

Now you've gone and made me cry. I love you!