I found this beauty for sale on a page I “like” on Facebook. There’s NEVER any kind of wooden furniture for sale on it, so I immediately told her I’d take it! We had to drive out in a pretty shady part of Rock Springs, but the woman selling it was standing right outside waiting for us, so I didn’t have to go inside her scary apartment or anything. And it was scary!
To my delight, it is SOLID WOOD! I was so, so, SO excited. Any guesses on how much it cost?
$10!!!!!!!
It’s going in my son’s room, next to his bed and will be painted the same color as his dresser.
More to come when it’s finished!!!
P.S. Thanks to my wonderfully talented and amazing sister for helping me sand and paint!
5 comments:
Ten dollars?! What a steal! Congrats.
I love it! But don't you dare paint it. It's too cool just like that.
Love this!!! Don't paint it though it looks so beautiful just as it is!!! The wood looks to be in good condition....Maybe it is worse in person, but I think the original is beautiful!
Hey Cassi! Thanks so much for the comment at Turnstyle Vogue. Waxing is a technique that just takes some practice - especially if you are using dark wax. I suggest you practice on scrap wood that you've painted first. The key is to not put too much on, use the right applicator (I prefer a wax brush) and to rub and buff :)
Also - just so you know, your comments come through as a no-reply blogger which means people cannot reply to your comments/emails. I wanted to let you know since I hate the idea of you leaving comments/questions and not getting responses. If you go back to my blog, I have a link at the top left hand corner of my page that tells you how to fix it. It is simpy adjusting the settings in your profile.
Have a great day!
Shari
Turnstyle Vogue
Craigslist...shady...haha. Yeah, it can happen. Run and don't look back. Eek! Lol.
Post a Comment