I realize I’ve been a little MIA lately… I have been seriously lacking in the motivation department. I have a garage full of “projects” that have yet to be even STARTED and it has all been making me feel a little overwhelmed (which doesn’t make sense because I love to fix up furniture). Anyway, my hubby finally gave me the little “oomph” that I needed to get the ball rolling. I think it’s the sanding… I have this little table that’s almost finished. The only thing it needed before my “oomph” was distressing and some Minwax. Well… I did the distressing (thank goodness that’s over with) and then one coat of the polyurethane – let it sit to dry – came back to do a 2nd coat and my LAST brush was hard as a rock. So now it’s on hold. Again. Tomorrow I’m going to buy some pretty new brushes and then it will be finished!
SO because I don’t have anything super exciting to post, here are some pictures of our babies. There is a pair of Robins that made their nest at eye level, right outside our front window.
We watched them build the nest! It was actually very fascinating… she would fly away and get pieces of grass or sticks and then come back, drop it in the next, squat down in the nest and stomp on it with her feet. Very cool!
We didn’t see them for a few days, and I thought that maybe we scared them by going in and out the front door so often. But after about three days, I looked out and there she was, just sitting. We knew she’d laid her eggs. When she left the nest one day, I lifted Connor up and we saw 4 eggs. Wish I’d taken a picture…
Today, when I looked out the window, I saw Momma standing on the edge of her nest, holding bits of worm in her mouth, and bending over and dropping them in. When I saw her fly away, I made Joe go out and take some pictures. They are SO tiny! I can’t wait until they’re a tiny bit bigger so the kids can see them awake!
I know I keep saying this, but I really am almost ready to post something new! My goal for tomorrow is to get my brushes and finish my table! Hopefully I’ll be posting about it by Wednesday!
Thanks for not giving up on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment