Yesterday, we loaded up the fam (including the pups) and drove a couple hours North to Pinedale, WY. From there, we drove a few miles North to Half-Moon Lake. This was our view on the way.
This was a huge fire in Lander, WY.
Haylie is definitely our most adventurous child of the three. She had already gone this far up the mountain before I’d even stepped out of the car. No joke.
Everyone set off for a hike as soon as we got there. Everyone except me, Maggie and Joe. I took the opportunity to lean back, read my book and enjoy the peace and quiet. That is, until Maggie jumped on me.
Joe immediately fell asleep. Shocking, I know.
This was my view during my “quiet time.”
I convinced Maggie that Joe didn’t need a nap and so she went and jumped on him! He decided to load her up and they went on their own mini-hike, leaving me all alone for some real peace and quiet!
About a half hour later, he came back and told me I just “HAD” to see the spot he found and that it was WAY better than the one I was already in. So I put my shoes back on, loaded up my book and blanket and we took off! About 5 minutes after we got there, we spotted the rest of the clan walking around the side of the mountain, about 100 yards away. What troopers! They’d been hiking for about 2 hours!
Maggie and her Rachel. Rachel and her Maggie. The two are inseparable. My favorite is to watch Maggie’s face when Rachel comes into the room. Love it.
Playing fetch. Children entertaining dogs… dogs entertaining children. Easy peasy!
Gramma Tami getting bombarded by dogs!
Within a few minutes, this gigantic smoke cloud went from looking like this (above) to looking like this (below).
The whole fam damily! From left to right:
Liesl (Joe’s cousin), Gramma Tami, Lucy, me, Joe, Haylie, Maggie, Connor, Naomi and Rachel. We got this shot on the first try! Pretty good!
K, what’re the odds that 3 out of 6 kids pretend they have antlers without planning it ahead of time? Haylie co-found her antler with Connor. She said Connor gave it to her to keep, but I’m having a hard time believing there wasn’t some sort of flattery and/or bribery involved.
What a fun day! So relaxing and beautiful. Until next summer…
No comments:
Post a Comment