Nov 29, 2012

O’ Christmas Tree…

This was one of those days where I kept thinking, ‘Now, this is a GOOD day!’ The weather was GORGEOUS, much to Joe’s annoyance… He is under the impression that looking for Christmas trees should be done in a blizzard. Weird, right? I, on the other hand, am perfectly content to look for my Christmas tree in 50 degree weather and then decorate it while it’s snowing outside.

My mom says that my brother and sister and I always liked to be outside when we were little, just like any kid does, but I am positive that my children did not get their love of outdoors from me. My husband is 100% mountain man at heart and all three of my kids have inherited this gene/trait/characteristic (or whatever).

P1100413

P1100417

This is Lady, our Beagle, who is a tad plump. She loves us a lot though… she just turned 7 a few days ago. I didn’t remember until the day after and felt sorta’ bad that I didn’t even get her a doggy treat.

P1100418

This is our other pup, Lucy. We got her for free off Craigslist, not knowing just how amazing she really was. It turns out she has INCREDIBLE blood lines. We’re pretty sure she came from an abusive home because for a long time she would cower every time anyone came near her. She still does if we have to get after her for being naughty, but she has come a long, long way. She has the sweetest temperament but is extremely protective of us and she absolutely ADORES Joe. Getting her was the best decision we ever made.

P1100431

OK, funniest thing… I just noticed that Connor is winking in the next 3 pictures. Not great lighting, but oh well.

P1100419

P1100420

P1100429

Best thing I’ve ever done in my whole life is teach Maggie how to pose. SO FUNNY! I love how she even has some hip action goin’ on.

P1100425

P1100426

P1100434

P1100435

P1100437

Haylie getting some chopping practice in. *Don’t worry- she was far away from the other kids."*

P1100440

P1100442

Pose #2

P1100443

OK people. It took a lot of guts for me to post this picture. I am not at all comfortable with the way I look right now and RARELY get in pictures, but I have been getting little “nudges” lately to start getting in the pictures that normally I would be taking of my family. We wanted to get a picture by our tree (which you can’t really see here) for our Christmas card this year. I haven’t gotten brave enough to make the decision to actually send this out yet. But if nothing else, it will make my mom happy to see a picture of all of us. :)

P1100448

And just for kicks…

P1100450

P1100456

P1100461

Connor picked our tree this year. It’s big. And sorta’ looks more like a bush than a Christmas tree. But it’s OK because being together was way more important than having the “perfect” tree!

P1100469

4 comments:

Rachel said...

This is so great, I am excited to go get our tree now. Your tree is cute, and your kids are awesome. I love the pic of Mags digging for gold :) And you look great! I know what you mean though, sometimes it is hard to have to actually be in the pictures. But your kids will be so glad you did someday!

Dedre said...

ok...I love reading about you and your family. for one your kids are WAYYY to cute! I mean seriously...have you noticed how pretty they are...not like they are my kids so ya I think they are cute...I mean..really...they are very very cute/pretty kids!

I've said it since maggie was little...but SHE WAYYY TO CUTE...like kidnaping cute! The pose is awesome!

The tree makes me soo homesick. I love mountain trees. I miss that. I grew up going up with my dad getting the tree in the mountains. Ten years here in Prosser, and I still think it's lame! :)

If I was there I would so slap you silly! WHO CARES what others think about that extra weight you don't like. YOUR kids will CHERISH pictures with their momma! AND honestly...your figure is NOTHING of who you are. I can see through pictures you are one amazing, sweet wife and mom! That is all the really matters! Don't take those pictures of you with your kids away from them! Your kids deserve pictures of you being the momma they know and love!

ok lecture over!
Keep bloggin. I love it.

Kelli Engbretson said...

I love how Maggie is almost up to her second knuckle in her nose!! too funny :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog Cassi!and love all the pictures!you look great and I totally second Deidre's opinion...being a mom changes your body and there's no stopping that...you have a beautiful family...i love your tree!so fun and what a great memory!