Naptime and bedtime are by far my favorite times of the day. Don’t get me wrong- my kids are my life! But those sacred hours between 1 and 3 in the afternoon are Heavenly!
Most days, I try to get everything done, that needs to be done, before noon. Because after lunchtime, I have my “me time,” go to pick up my kids from school, they do homework, I make dinner, we try to have a little family time (whether before or after dinner), then we do bedtime and then I collapse onto the couch, not to move unless it is to my bed. Or if I lose “rock, paper, scissors” and have to go put one or all of my children back into the beds for a 2nd time. And then we all wake up and do it all over again!
Lately I have been feeling like my afternoons should be a bit more productive. When Maggie goes down for a nap, I get giddy. Like, literally. I get a blanket, crank up the heat, set both remotes and my cell phone on top of the couch (within easy reach), shove every pillow in the living room behind my back, plug in the laptop (so I don’t have to get up if the battery gets low) and set it on my lap, and park it until 3 P.M.
Does this make me lazy?
I’m expecting some would say yes and some no. Most of me feels like I deserve this time! I earned it! I can take a nap too; there’s no rule that says I can’t! But then that little part of me says to get up and get something done. Because there’s always something to be done.
What do you think?
6 comments:
I vote that you ignore the voice in your head that says be productive. You work hard lady (day and night). You do deserve "me time" and you deserve to have it without guilt.
I used to spend nap time cleaning cooking and being as productive as possible. But I feel so blah when that's "all I do". We do deserve to do something that makes just us happy each day. Our lives can't be about everyone else all the the time. At least that's what I say.
It's exactly what I do when Emma is at preschool and Braxton's napping unless I have HW. I craft, browse the web, take a nap and just have me time unless there is something crucial that NEEDS to be done that day
You can't draw water from an empty well. It's important for you to take time for yourself to do whatever it is that "fills you up". Don't feel guilty about that.
I'm just like you! Except I usually take naps when both of them are napping!
cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment