Or not!
Good heavens, it’s been over a month since my last post! What has happened to my motivation? Well let’s see…
Every year, Joe’s family draws names for Christmas. Last year, we decided to do all homemade gifts, spending no money. Sounds easy enough, right? Yeah, no. While the idea was SUPER fun, the time it actually takes to home make something, without spending money, is crazy ridiculous! Especially when you draw names at Thanksgiving. This year, we’re drawing names in July. I drew my niece Naomi’s name and Connor drew my niece Lucy’s name, so we decided to make doll quilts using all of Maggie’s old clothes. TOOK FOREVER. And of course, I decided I couldn’t just make 2 doll quilts… I had to make each of my girls one, too. Double the work. Double the time. In fact, I didn’t even get them done until Christmas day. As in, I worked on them on Christmas Day. Pathetic, I know. Unfortunately, I wasn’t thinking and didn’t get a picture of all four girls with their blankies. Anyway, all that kept me busy for a good 3 weeks.
The week before Christmas, my mom came so obviously we were super busy playing and having fun (including Joe graduating from college and the surprise party we planned for him)… much too busy to blog. Maggie’s “a tad” stingy with her snuggles, so when she unknowingly climbed up on the couch (she was glued to the television) and sat by Gramma Jackie, I thought I better snap a few pictures for proof. She climbed down right after this picture.
I think my mom just couldn’t get enough so she left, went to the store, bought fingernail polish just so Maggie would sit on her lap again.This is at Joe’s sister’s house the night of the party. I sort of forgot to take my camera out of my car, and it was FUH-REEZING outside, so when I brought it in and gave it to my SIL Rachel, it got all foggy. Whoops. :/ It was a great night anyway! Tons of yummy food and lots of friends and family!
The week after Christmas, I was on TOTAL relaxation mode. I didn’t do a single dang thing! Then New Years came and I was, again, super busy partying and staying up WAY too late to blog.
THEN… my kids got sick. The first week (the week before school started), Connor got bronchitis. He had the worst of it pretty much licked but missed the first day back to school, as well as Haylie. She caught it a few days after he did and missed 2 days of school. And of course, Maggie caught it too. It wouldn’t be in true Rose fashion for only one or two of the kids to get it… And I was DRAINED. We were home day after day after day and I’ll tell ya’ what… that was ROUGH on me! That cabin fever business is a real thing!
This week, we seem to be getting back on a routine and it is WONDERFUL!
No comments:
Post a Comment