So my friend Jenni, who I went with to elementary through high school, got a hold of me on here and we might do a play date with our kids! I think her kids are a little bit older than mine, but not by much. Should be fun! Sometimes I wish I had a job, to sort of get away from home once in a while. And then there are times when I think it's so nice to be a stay-at-home mom. I know what my kids are seeing, saying, learning... and not 24 hours a day, but more than if they were at a day care. There are times, however, when I don't think I can take much more whining and screaming and naughty kids. And then I always remember that someone once put up with me. And somehow I make it through another day.
I was reading Jenni's blog posts, and another girl's too, and I am amazed at how they do it! They seem so organized at being a mom; with so many ideas and activities to keep their kids entertained. The other girl was saying that she took her son to a park and he climbed to the top of this little hill and pretended he was in a giant bird's nest. I was shocked. He's younger than Haylie by 6 months, and she doesn't do the pretend thing. I'm wondering if I should start coaxing her to play pretend... I would think that a girl that's almost 3 would be doing that sort of thing. Oh well I guess!
1 comment:
I know what you mean about making it through another day. None of my kids play make believe quite like Bronx. I wouldn't worry about Haylie not playing make believe yet. Your kids are beautiful. I'm so glad that you decided to take the discussions and join the church. Today in RS our lesson was on missionary work and the teacher asked how many of us were not raised in the church, and there were alot that raised their hand. One of them shared how different her life is, and how now everyday the Savior is central in their home. I'm glad you were able to find that!! If you read my post about the contest, you better do it!!!!
Post a Comment