Nov 30, 2008

The Flu

Friday evening I started feeling sort of yucky but I didn't really think too much about it. However, around 4 a.m. Saturday morning, I woke up and let's just say... my stomach became empty (I'll spare the details). I knew that I'd caught the flu bug that was going around. The kids haven't caught it so far, so cross your fingers! Saturday morning we were supposed to go to my Grandma's for a birthday breakfast for my dad and brother. SO... being the sweetheart that he is, Joe went ahead with the kids and left me at home. He would tell you that it was no big thing, but for me it was EVERYTHING! I sat all day long on the couch, watching HGTV and it was soo nice, minus the constant feeling that I needed to throw up. Anyway, after the breakfast, he filled the day by shopping around, and by the time they got home I felt much better. And by this morning, my flu bug was gone! :) Good thing it was only a 24 hour thing!

3 comments:

meagan said...

Cassi, your house looks cute, we still need to finish putting together our little guys room. Glad to hear that you are already feeling better!

Katy said...

So I just read your last three posts (a little behind I guess) hope you are feeling better and that the rest of the family didn't get it! Glad that you are pretty much settled in. I really really need to give you a call and come and visit. It is so hard with one in school half day and the other full day to get anywhere though. I have about two hours in the morning, and then about two more in the afternoon. We will get something coordinated soon though! Maybe during Christmas break! I love your house, looks so cute! My house after 1 1/2 years is not how I want it. A work in progress I call it!

Jennilyn said...

Cassi, Glad you are feeling better and hope nobody else got it! Hope you are enjoying your new home! I need to come visit sometime too!