Dec 4, 2008

The Polar Express!!!

On Tuesday, I surprised Joe and the kids with a train ride in Hood River, Oregon. It was Awesome! We left home around 11:30, stopped for lunch in Paterson, and then continued down to Oregon, going the Washington way (because I think it's a prettier drive :) Anyway, we got there around 4, after a pit stop (which I'll post in a while). It's a good thing we got there early, because I thought our ride left at 5:30 and it actually left at 5. The entire train was full, with kids everywhere, and everyone wore their pajamas. It was a great experience! I'd recommend it to everyone!Our train, which Connor was in complete awe of.
Our car called "The Parkdale"Whoops! The best picture we could get of us looking out the window. Ask me why I didn't push the window all the way up.....
Just pulling out of the station.... very excited!
Connor was, I think, in a little bit of shock/awe/wonder at the moving train, that he didn't even move for like the first 15 minutes. Unheard of!

And then this is what the 3 of them looked like the rest of the trip. My gut was in knots... We were served cookies and hot chocolate. I think he was enjoying it. ;)
Pulling into The North Pole!
Santa's Reindeer! :)
Connor's little nook. Yeah, so much for my Christmas card idea. Neither of the kids were the least bit interested in that guy. Can you tell?
Haylie has been inseparable from her bell from Santa since we got home. It goes to nap with her... in the tub... to bed... you name it.
A great night with happy kids!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

How fun! My cousin is going to take her kids to do it somewhere, I'm not sure where though. I can't wait until Zac is old enough!
Connor's little curls are cute, by the way! I can see why you haven't cut them yet. I hadn't cut Zac's yet because I was hoping there would be more curls.

meagan said...

what a fun trip! you're kids are at a great age for Christmas- I bet it will be so exciting at your house.

Katy said...

Oh my gosh, so much fun! I wonder if I could still get tickets! Glad you got to do that with your kids! What a great memory!

Jennilyn Kent said...

How fun Cassi! I am glad you guys had so much fun! My stomach was in a complete knot when I saw them hanging out the window. Where was the north pole. We have our ward christmas party tonight and I keep telling cooper about it and how we are going to see santa! He keeps telling me no no santa, I scared! You should have seen last year! I have a pic of cason sitting on santa totally freaking out. he was too little to get away from him. I am sure this year the whole church will hear those two screaming!!! Some day maybe someday they will like santa.

SunnyD said...

How fun! You are such a great Mom! You should have gotten a picture of them SCREAMING on Santas lap. That would be the funniest Christmas card ever. "Tis the season to be jolly" :)

Jess said...

That looks so fun...they have a ride a few hours from here that I'd like to try sometime!! Your kids are so cute.

Meghan said...

oh that looks like so much fun!

Kim said...

Very fun!!!! What a great time and to get to see santa... it probably will add quite a bit of magic to your Christmas:) And I was nervous just looking at the picture of them hanging out:)