I guess it's about time I posted about our trip to Arizona. We left February 19th and drove all the way to Lehi, Utah with 2 kids and 3 dogs (don't recommend it) and then drove the rest of the way to Page the next day. Saturday, we headed down to Lake Powell and let the dogs play in the water (and the kids...) Haylie, Lucy (the kids' cousin) and Connor all tested out the freezing 50 degree water too. Brrr..... (By the way, somehow my computer won't let me move the pictures around, so it's a little out of order.)


Wednesday: Joe and Will decided they needed to jump the freezing cold, 50 degree water too.
Below: Wednesday we headed out for a hike to a place called Lee's Ferry. Fun place! There's a river that runs through there which used to have a Ferry that crossed it; hence the name Lee's Ferry. :) There were some old cabins and some fun little trails. The kids had fun and it was so nice to get out in some warm weather.



Saturday: At Lake Powell. 
Above: Connor, Haylie & Lucy at Lee's Ferry

Below: Cute cousin Lucy at Lake Powell
Haylie and Joe at Lake Powell

Below: On the Colorado River near Lee's Ferry... Lucy accidentally (I think) fell in the water. After a hilarious outburst from Rachel, "Get out!" (about 10 times in a row) she finally stood up out of the water. SO funny!
Below: Joe and Connor riding with the dogs
Connor just had to test out his new boots in the water... YEP! His socks still got wet.
Connor hiding behind Uncle Will. He took to Joe's brother very well... I'm so glad. I'm sure they'll be so close forever.
Again, on the Colorado River.
Connor striking a pose at Lake Powell.
Look at that face. That's pretty much how he looked every day we were there. That kid can cover some ground!
Haylie and Joe at Lake Powell
Below: On the Colorado River near Lee's Ferry... Lucy accidentally (I think) fell in the water. After a hilarious outburst from Rachel, "Get out!" (about 10 times in a row) she finally stood up out of the water. SO funny!
Below: Joe and Connor riding with the dogs
Connor just had to test out his new boots in the water... YEP! His socks still got wet.
Connor hiding behind Uncle Will. He took to Joe's brother very well... I'm so glad. I'm sure they'll be so close forever.
Again, on the Colorado River.
Connor striking a pose at Lake Powell.
Look at that face. That's pretty much how he looked every day we were there. That kid can cover some ground!
Overall we had a great time! We were so glad to see Uncle Will and his homecoming talk at church was very inspired. We are so happy he's home!
We didn't want to leave the warm weather, and the kids miss their grandma and grandpa, Aunt Rachel, Lucy, Auntie Lis, and Uncle Wee-yum ;) very much, but it's a good thing we came home when we did because the kids have been sick ever since. We can't wait til they all come for spring break!
5 comments:
sounds like you had such a fun visit! I bet it was fun to see Will again. I'm glad you posted pictures of Lucy too- it's been 2 christmas's since I've seen her and she has changed tons. Your kids are so adorable! By the way all the random hits from texas or louisianna are me (we're on the road to San Antonio)
The photos are great! And I'm so glad you are back and especially thankful for your day-trip to Spokane! It was SO great to see you guys and I can't wait to get all our kiddos together to play!
love!
amy
Cassi, I am so glad you guys had a great trip. I hope your kids get feeling better sooN!
Leaving the warm sun in Arizona to the cold freaky weather here must have been a bummer! Your kids are adorable! Glad you had a good vacation!
How fun!! It was so good to see pictures posted of the rest of the family. We haven't seen you guys forever. I wouldn't even have known who Lucy was she is adorable too. Your kids eyes are gorgeous by the way! That looked so nice...blue water and warmer weather!!
Post a Comment