Feb 14, 2009

*Valentine's Day*

Joe and I always like to stay up the night before a holiday and give gifts to each other at midnight. This is the necklace he gave me for Valentine's Day. Totally unexpected! I'd say he did pretty well this year... ;) I LOVED it! (Yes, I said, "Loved." Saturday before we went out, I was vacuuming. Our vacuum is VERY powerful. I didn't see the necklace on the floor and by the time I heard the clinking sound making its way up the hose, it was too late. We managed to find the diamond and the heart, but the chain was just shredded in pieces. :( I was not a happy girl.
Saturday day, our friends Bren and Rebekah invited us over to Bren's parents house out in the country. Bren and Joe both like to Mountain bike, and they have a course out there, so they worked on getting it back in shape. They also have a calf, sheep, chickens, pigs, and a turkey. It's lambing season and so some of the ewes have had their babies; one in particular had a black lamb this year, and so of course we HAD to go see. It was a really, really fun day and we had a blast!
Momma sheep was not too thrilled with us holding her baby. But how can you resist?
This little guy is less than a week old and Connor just LOVED him. Both Haylie and Connor got to see twin lambs born that afternoon too, and so they were named "Haylie" and "Connor." :)
He couldn't figure out why the chickens wouldn't let him pet them...

Notice how everyone is heading in the same direction? Poor guy... I ran to the store, and Connor stayed with Mr. Norman. (Surprisingly. Usually he freaks out if I leave w/out him. This time he just said, "By Mom!") Anyway, right after we left, Connor decided that he WAS going to pet one of the hens. Well Mr. Rooster didn't like that too much and attacked him, knocking him to the ground and pecking him on the head. :( Kinda funny?

This little calf was NOT Connor's favorite. But he was so cute and tame that we just had to include him in the blog.
Just a good one of the kids NOT trying to kill each other HA!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe it got sucked up in the vacuum:( So sad! What an adventure with the kids! Looks like lots of fun. Cute picture of them at the bottom!!!

SunnyD said...

That totally sucks about the vacuum!!! Get it...sucks??? :) Sorry. Not funny.

I'm glad the main part was salvaged. Those lambs are totally cute but not as cute as the kids. Hey look...another joke. Get it...kids? :) Ok. I'll stop.

meagan said...

Cassi, I forgot your blog went private so it hasn't been updating, so I haven't checked it in forever. I'm glad that you salvaged some of your gift and I think it's so fun that you stay up to celebrate. It looks like your trip to the country was a blast. Connor and Haylie are pretty darn creative to make their own "park"! Hope everything else is great with you guys