It has been a while since my last post. Every time I sit down and log in to my blog, I browse through the updated posts, and then try to come up with my own new post. But as I start typing, I think, who is going to want to read this? I'm so boring. All I blog about is my kids. And while, to me, they are definitely entertaining a lot of the time, I think, 'Everyone reading this is going to be bored out of their mind.' However, it's not really fair of me to be disappointed that some of my favorite blogs to read don't get updated often, when I don't update my own.
SO. I'm just going to start blogging about the things that I want to remember. About the things that I think one day, I will be thankful for documenting. So to all of you: I'm sorry if I am boring, but I guess I just don't know any other way to be! :/
(These pictures are backwards.. sorry) So, to start off, last weekend, Joe and Connor were able to go on their first father/son camping trip! And BOY was Connor EXCITED!!! He talked about it for the whole week before, and to be honest, I think Joe was even more excited! They went to a place near Cle Elum called Camp Ensign. Unfortunately, when they got there, Joe felt very unwelcome and some of the men were pretty rude. Joe took Connor back to their little room and they watched a movie on the laptop. Connor was REALLY hyper, and so at about 10:PM Joe loaded up their stuff and they drove down the road to this little campsite.
Luckily, they had brought the tent, just in case. I know this is what Joe had wanted to do all along anyway. He said he was excited to do something with the church, but that really he just wanted to hang with his boy. There was still snow on the ground and he said it rained the whole night, but they stayed warm in their sleeping bags. :) Connor was excited because they even had a FIRE in the tent to keep warm(propane heater)!!
This was their room in the lodge.
We are so happy they went! Haylie and I got to have a "Girls Night" and Gramma Jackie even got to come to dinner and get her nails done with us! We ate at Nothin' But Noodles and then went over and got pedicures together. Haylie LOVES to get her toes done. She thinks the way the ladies talk is super hilarious and just sits and smiles the entire time. :) Unfortunately, Joe took the camera, so we didn't get to take any pictures. But we had a great time! Afterwards, we came home and stayed up late, watching princess movies and eating snacks, took a bubble bath, and then went to bed! Overall, a great experience for all four of us and very important too, I think.
3 comments:
I like your blog. :) I've thought the same thing lots of times about my blog. Only I don't type a whole lot, it's mostly pictures.
I like your blog too..I don't think you're boring. I mean I must be boring too. I think documenting all your kids things and the little every day stuff is important!
I don't think you're boring! Blogs are meant to be a reflection of what is important to you. What could be more important than your children? And just think, 10 years down the road will you look back and say, "I'm really glad so many people read my blog and commented", or will you say, "I'm really glad I documented all of these memories of my children. Oh, I forgot all about that funny thing Connor said! I'm so happy I wrote it down."
So keep on keepin' on. I love reading your stories.
Post a Comment