This little girl amazes me. February 18th (just so I know), since it was already in the 50's, we decided to put Haylie on her bike without training wheels. She was a little apprehensive at first, but soon got over it. We have a rule at our house that we always try everything once, and if/when we don't like it, we don't have to try it again. SO, luckily, we didn't have a huge melt down when we reminded her of the rule. Joe took the training wheels off and I kid you not, pushed her from behind and off she went. Just like that.
It's so exciting to me, for her, at this age, to be able to do all of these things. All of the things that she wants to do, she does, she does them well, and she never looks back. When I think about the future and the fact that she will grow up, I wonder if I should encourage her so much to be so independent. But in all reality, do I really have a choice? She's always been my independent girl. How can I stop her?


And there she goes. One of the many times I will say that, I'm sure. Such a bittersweet moment. I mean, it's just riding a bike. Right...??



And there she goes. One of the many times I will say that, I'm sure. Such a bittersweet moment. I mean, it's just riding a bike. Right...??
5 comments:
Oh...so sweet! You are right though, it's crazy that we push our kids to grow up and then we look back and say "why did you grow up so fast?"
I like that rule. Maybe I'll use it on Jeff when I cook squash. ;)
Love the try it once rule!! All grown up. I get ya...sad and happy and all those feelings. That is crazy it only took her that one try. What a little genius. She is beautiful!
Way to go Haylie! You look so cool on your bike! I know what you mean about them growing up so fast, but it is so awesome that we get to see them learn and grow and figure things out.
It's so true! Avery is so very independant too. I love that about her, but it scares me at the same time. I guess we just have to raise them up right and hope we did a good enough job in helping create good people. Pray to God for that every day/night/afternoon lol. Such a great post.
Post a Comment