May 6, 2010

She's Here!!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

This is Lucy. She is 1 year old. We found her on craigslist for free! A lady said her son was going through some sort of divorce/problems in his marriage, and she was keeping Lucy for him. But after a while, she just didn't want her anymore. SO... Joe went and looked at her and apparently, immediately fell in love. She is the sweetest dog we've ever met. The owner also said that she was sure her son was pretty "aggressive" with Lucy and after getting her home, we decided he was a lot more than just aggressive. She still cowers when we say the word "no." However, it didn't take her long to warm up! We don't think she was treated very well, pretty sure she wasn't fed properly, and judging by the number of times we had to kick her off our bed the first night, she wasn't even loved. We are so happy to have her! We tend to maybe, sorta kinda, spoil (only a little bit) our animals, so hopefully it doesn't ruin her. ;) Joe is already training her out in the field... she should be ready to do some hunting in the fall. Boy does she LOVE TO RUN! And FAST!!! The coolest thing about her is after looking at her registration, she has amazing bloodlines. Her grandmother is like the 2009 US field champion. Pretty amazing girl!

Sorry about the trick. ;) Still no baby! We're "patiently" waiting. :)


4 comments:

Taryn said...

oh jees..you're naughty..teasing us all like that :) And your a brave woman to get a dog right before a new born. That's like two babies :) But it looks like that dog is sweet.

Kendal said...

so you totally got me! I was like wow she is good, blogs about a baby the same day...wonder woman! any who Lucy looks like a very sweet dog!

Kim said...

You got me too!!! Makes me feel so bad for her, I'm glad she has a good home now! And I can't believe you got a new dog that close to a baby either:) Maybe one day we will get one, Navie is the biggest animal lover.

Rachel said...

Okay, she really is here, so come on time for a new post..... I am dying, I need more pictures, like everyday. I want, I want, I want, I need, I need, I need!!!!