My lovely sister-in-law keeps asking for pictures of little Mags, so I thought I'd post a few. When I started looking through my pictures, I realized I am posting pretty much all I have. :/ Dangit! I need to take more pictures!
Here she is having her first bath at 6 days! She didn't lose her belly button until day 10, but I couldn't wait to give her a bath so we were careful not to get it wet. We were looking at this picture last night and couldn't believe how tiny she was! She is just 2 weeks old, as of yesterday, and already has chunked out in the face. (See picture #2)
What a sweet sweet baby! I just love her so much and couldn't be happier. I now know that being a mom is my true calling in life. Of course there are things I'd like to do sooner or later, but this little girl makes me feel like all of that can wait. Even when she's screaming! ;)
This is the day we decided to venture out into the world as a family of 5. Maggie was 1 week old, exactly, and I was feeling a little cabin feverish. Kind of weird... I wanted to get out, but I didn't really want anyone talking to me or looking at my baby. Dang hormones. Let's just say it was a little rough. She had been sleeping the entire morning... I'd tried feeding her before we left home, but she was ZONKED! So, we went to town, stopped for some lunch, and by the time lunch was over, I was so sore that I went out and sat in the car, determined to make her eat! Of course while I was feeding her, she decided to have a bit of a blowout. GREAT timing. NOT! We did a little shopping at Target, and then decided to hit up the grocery store (which we saved til last, and needed the most). We got to Fred Meyer... found some new church shoes for Haylie (which took WAY longer than it should have) and by that time I was SO exhausted, we went home. With no groceries. Oh well, right? I just wanted to get home and have a little normality back in our lives. I guess the point is: we survived. :)
Here she is having her first bath at 6 days! She didn't lose her belly button until day 10, but I couldn't wait to give her a bath so we were careful not to get it wet. We were looking at this picture last night and couldn't believe how tiny she was! She is just 2 weeks old, as of yesterday, and already has chunked out in the face. (See picture #2)
What a sweet sweet baby! I just love her so much and couldn't be happier. I now know that being a mom is my true calling in life. Of course there are things I'd like to do sooner or later, but this little girl makes me feel like all of that can wait. Even when she's screaming! ;)
This is the day we decided to venture out into the world as a family of 5. Maggie was 1 week old, exactly, and I was feeling a little cabin feverish. Kind of weird... I wanted to get out, but I didn't really want anyone talking to me or looking at my baby. Dang hormones. Let's just say it was a little rough. She had been sleeping the entire morning... I'd tried feeding her before we left home, but she was ZONKED! So, we went to town, stopped for some lunch, and by the time lunch was over, I was so sore that I went out and sat in the car, determined to make her eat! Of course while I was feeding her, she decided to have a bit of a blowout. GREAT timing. NOT! We did a little shopping at Target, and then decided to hit up the grocery store (which we saved til last, and needed the most). We got to Fred Meyer... found some new church shoes for Haylie (which took WAY longer than it should have) and by that time I was SO exhausted, we went home. With no groceries. Oh well, right? I just wanted to get home and have a little normality back in our lives. I guess the point is: we survived. :)


7 comments:
WHAT A BEAUTY! She is so cute, Cass! I can't wait to hold her! She's going to be so big by the time we get there.
And great dog! Is she a German Shorthair Pointer?
She is beautiful, of course! I can't wait to get there! I can't believe what a cutie she is, and she has the cutest chubby cheeks and double chin, she reminds me of my girls!!!! Thanks for the post, but you always leave me wanting more, I just need to come visit I guess!!
she is so cute! I love her little belly and cheeks!
she is simply adorable. so are those ballet slipper socks. oh the cute things that come with girls. glad to hear they still do gross things like have blowouts. :)
Oh Cassi, she is a doll! I want to come see her! We have had colds but are feeling better now so hopefully next week the kids and I can come by!
She is so cute. I loved reading all these Maggie posts. She does look like a Maggie by the way. I think she fits it perfectly. I am in need of help for girl names. The picture of Conner and her sleeping below is so sweet. It melted my heart. I sure wish we lived closer. Way to go being so ambitious and going out.
Love those cheeks! She is adorable and I'm so glad that you are doing well!
Post a Comment