Sep 17, 2010
Why?
Every day I get up, take a shower, get dressed. Then I get Haylie up, get her showered and dressed. I do her hair. I make her lunch. And I make her breakfast. THEN, I get Connor up. He goes to the bathroom, gets dressed and puts some shoes on. Then we all get Maggie up. I change her diaper and put her in her car seat. I hand Haylie her coat and backpack and we walk out to the car. I drive the mile down the road to drop her off. Every day. Always in the same order. And every day, when Haylie gets out of the car, she tells me, "I'm going to miss you ALL day!" Then she hugs me and runs off to play before the bell rings, but not without blowing me kisses all the way. Two weeks of school gone by and I still get a lump in my throat when she runs off. I can see her walking the length of the playground (about half of a football field) and she looks so small and vulnerable. It takes all that I have not to run to her and walk her all the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
isn't it funny in the mist of chaos, we find that we are totally consistent! doing the same things all the time, even though it seems like we are always in a state of disaster.
Soo sweet how she tells you she's gonna miss you all day!
This makes me want to cry, I know how you feel. I think this about my kids from time to time, they are so small and I want to always be there to protect them. But it is all part of the plan, helping them prepare to be on there own some day. Baby steps Cassi, dont worry you have a few more years before she goes off to college. I hope all is well for you guys! Call me sometime.
Post a Comment