Aug 29, 2011

1st Grade

So Haylie started 1st grade today. It’s so crazy that it’s that time of year again… If this year goes by as quickly as last year did, then I’m in trouble.

We have the coolest house ever. Well, not EVER, ever. But it’s pretty sweet! Haylie’s school is just 6 houses down the bike path which is right out our back gate. And I can see her coming or going (that’s IF I get brave enough to let her come and/or go alone) the entire way! But not today.

P1070197

Here she is on the way!

P1070198

I’m so glad she is young enough to still let me take pictures. I sure do love my kids. :)

P1070200

This one didn’t quite turn out the way I wanted it to because she has her hand in front of her face, but I’ll take it. She looked back at me a couple of times while she was in line and that made me feel like I am still needed.

P1070201

P1070202

Haylie’s teacher is Mrs. Timmons and she is the furthest on the left. WAY nice. We have been very blessed for both kindergarten and 1st grade to have such wonderful teachers!

P1070206

This was the last shot I got before she walked into the school. It kills me to see her standing so small and meek with all of those kids standing around her… 99% of the time, she is so extremely outgoing that occasionally we have to yank her back into reality. When I dropped her off this morning, she just stood there, not talking to anyone, (I’m sure!) waiting for someone to come over and invite her to play. And it kills me that I can’t/shouldn’t hold her hand the whole day. I’m sure tomorrow will be different…

P1070207

After school was much different… Connor RAN to Haylie and immediately they started playing. He misses her so much when she’s at school. And then they fight like cats and dogs when she gets home. :)

P1070215

While I was there, she still didn’t talk to the other kids who were outside playing, except the little girl hanging from that toy “thing” in the background. She asked her what her name was while I was there (Tally) and they both have the same teacher, so maybe tomorrow they’ll remember each other and play together. And just so everyone knows, the earrings she has in her ears are little cupcakes and they are SO cute. Haylie’s Auntie Kelli got them for her for her birthday and she LOVES them. 

P1070216

And then it was time to go. I think the next two pictures can speak for themselves.

P1070217

Haylie’s school has playground equipment on 3 different levels since the school was built on a hill, and right before this picture was taken, she was on her way down to the next level (i.e. as far away as possible from me). I may have mentioned the words, “OK, it’s time to go!” EH! Wrong answer.
Anyway, she ran and I said, “K, bye.” And then I took this picture.
She stood in this spot and yelled, “YOU WILL NOT LEAVE ME!” over and over again while I continued walking back towards the house. She finally caught up to us and all was well. :)

P1070218

The power of ignoring is great.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

She is so cute, and she looks so old in these pictures. I am glad she had a good day. Lucy crashed hard tonight, school really wore her out.

Dedre said...

oh she's so cute. Love that the school is so close. feel bad you have to get our of your PJ's to take her though :)