I have been noticing lately that I say and think this phrase A LOT: “I wish I was good at _____,” and, “I would love to _____ someday.” There are so many things that I want to do… some of which I know I will never do because of my personality.
Singing- I LOVE to sing. But not in front of people. I think I used to be semi-good at it too, but after I had Haylie, I felt like I couldn’t stay in tune as well as I used to.
Crafts- I’m not really that good at imagining things to do or make; I have to see it to know if I like it or not. I like to look through blogs, and could easily get lost in the computer for hours. My mom introduced me to ‘Pinterest’ and it’s AWESOME! (If you haven’t checked it out, you should!) It’s so easy to just “pin it” whenever I see something I like or want to do or make. My problem is figuring out how to actually make what I want. It’s like I know what I like but I don’t feel like I’m that crafty. And living in a rental makes it that much harder because I can’t really paint walls or do any major decorating.
Piano- I used to play when I was in elementary school, but after I started going to middle school, we traded piano for sports. Now, I have this piano in my house (my MIL’s) and I am wishing SO HARD that I still knew how to play. In fact, I’d love to be able to play any kind of instrument.
Sewing- I have a sewing machine, but it’s my mom’s old one and it hasn’t been used for years. But still. I have one. My cousin Katie MADE her baby bedding (crib bumper included) all by herself. How awesome is that? To me it sounds really hard! But I’d love to be able to think of something I want, and sit down at the sewing machine, and just make it.
Photography- I don’t have the ideal camera, but some pictures I’ve taken have turned out really well. It seems like everyone around me is starting a photography business, so in a way I feel like I’d be a follower. But I just really love taking pictures.
Pottery- I would love to take a pottery class and know how to make vases and bowls and different pieces of art.
Painting- When I was younger, I thought I could drawl well. But really… most drawings done by 8 year olds look the same, right? My mom thinks I could still do it… and I would love to. But I feel like I would need some sort of training… I don’t know brush strokes or paint colors or finishes or how to stretch a canvas.
The other night I was making dinner and all of a sudden, this thought occurred to me- ‘Go do it.’ What’s holding me back? Why do I keep wishing I could do these things? Why don’t I just go and do them? I have this one life and who knows when it will be over… even if I live to be 100, I don’t want to die still wishing I’d have done some or all of these things. So from now on, when I see something I want to do or make, I’m going to give it a honest effort and just do it! I may not be good at it… but at least I will have tried, right?
2 comments:
agreed. You should just get brave and try stuff out.
I am totally with you about most all of the things you listed!how crazy!...i am really trying to branch out but it can be hard...im right there with you!
Post a Comment