Aug 13, 2011

Haylie turns 6!!

Haylie’s birthday is August 1st, and we were in Richfield, UT, staying with Joe’s grandparents for a couple of days before heading down to Lake Powell for our vacation. The day started out with a bang! You can’t really tell, because Connor’s hands are in front of his face, but ALL 3 KIDS were crying/whining/wailing in this picture. Maggie didn’t want her seatbelt on. Haylie was just having an all around bad day (at 11 a.m.) because she wanted to spend the day with her cousins and not us.  I can’t really remember what Connor was crying about. Something really important, I’m sure.

P1060756

 

P1060758

Thankfully, things got better when the words, “Watermelon and presents,” were mentioned.

P1060760

This is the newest member of the Rose family: Grant! He is Will and Elise’s first baby and he honestly looks like this about 98% of the time. He LOVES people. And he loves kids even more. He is the most mellow baby I have ever met, unless he’s hungry. And he is THE BIGGEST daddy’s boy. We are all smitten!!!

P1060761

I may have to frame this picture… I just love it. I can’t believe she’s SIX.

P1060768

 

P1060769

Maggie spent about 2 hours in this swing. Literally. I guess I need to get one…

P1060770

Now, now now… don’t all speak at once. I know you must all be wondering how in the world I made this cake. It was tricky, let me tell you. Unfortunately, I can’t give away my cooking secrets…
It’s called- boxed cake, store bought frosting and sprinkles. I didn’t really think things through when we were buying our birthday cake, so I had to get a little…. “creative.” It was edible, OK?!

P1060773

Maggie likes food. A lot.

P1060775

Everyone singing the birthday song! As outgoing as Haylie is, she still gets shy sometimes. I love it!
(Cousin Nora, cousin Lucas {who is only 3 weeks younger than Haylie} and Haylie)

P1060776

Thank you, oh thank you Auntie Molly for these wonderful little dime sized, Squinky treasures! They are littering my floors all day long and I constantly am pulling them out of Maggie’s mouth (just like you told me I would)! Shh… Don’t tell Grandma Penny… she would have a heart attack. Aunt Molly got in trouble for buying them because of the choking hazard factor. :/

P1060782

Grandma Penny (Joe’s grandma) got Haylie this awesome little stuffed dog that comes with a little doggie carrier. It was a BIG hit!

P1060783

Aunt Molly also got Haylie this Fancy Nancy Ballet Studio toy. Haylie is a huge fan of Fancy Nancy, so thanks Molly!

P1060786

She also got a little pink camping chair from Joe’s parents (and something else, but I can’t remember what it is… bad mom award), a La La Loopsy doll from my mom, an outfit from my Nana, and $35 from Grandma Sue (my other grandma) which she put towards a Camel Back. Joe and I got her some clothes and some Vibram Five Finger shoes. She made a haul! :)
Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet, bossy, adventurous and loveable Haylie. We are so glad you are ours!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like a fun party I am sorry we missed it! I cannot believe the woopy cushion we got Hay did not make the list of presents, I mean come on it does not get much better than that :) She is adorable in these pictures!