Sep 19, 2011

Deeee!

Every time we walk down to get Haylie, well lately anyway, there are three big bucks that camp out in the yard of the house right next to the school. She LOVES the “deee!” As we pass them, she turns and looks out of the jogger, not wanting to miss a single moment of seeing them. This day, they appeared after we were already home from getting Haylie from school. The kids spotted them, and they just stood there and let us take pictures. Here, they still had the velvet on their racks and they seemed so much more gentle.

P1070263

P1070268

P1070270

P1070274

 

I caught these two having a little “tiff” the morning my mom left. See how their antlers don’t have the fuzzy velvet on them anymore? Don’t they look way more intimidating?!

P1070310

P1070316

P1070321

I hear people always complaining about how obnoxious the deer are because they eat their flowers and bushes… but I just can’t help but be in awe of them. I love it when they come in our yard. Just last Monday, we came home from swimming lessons and there were two bucks, maybe these same ones, in our front yard. And the kids and I just sat in the car until they finally moseyed their way down the street. They really are beautiful, majestic animals…

(I secretly love that these ones are hanging out in town because they have less of a chance of getting hunted. ;) 

No comments: