Woohoo! And I didn’t take any pictures until she was almost gone. :( We walked down the bike path to the mountain bike park (about a half mile or so). The kids love going down there and REALLY wanted to show Gramma Jackie. I had just had very minor toe “surgery,” if you want to call it that, so I was a little unsure of how it would feel, but it was fine!
I got almost three pictures of Haylie, and this is about as good as it gets! That girl was all over the place. And when she was tired of riding her bike, she ran around the whole park (literally) non-stop, which is probably a good half to 3/4 of a mile total. If this girl doesn’t run cross country or do track, or both, in middle and high school, I will be shocked!
See? What’d I tell ya’?
Woohoo!! Here it is! The only picture we got with Gramma Jackie, and she’s not even looking at the camera. :( Oh well… at least we have proof, right?
(Sorry about this next picture.. I couldn’t get the editing right.) We had Joe’s parents for dinner on Sunday, and then after we all drove up the mountain and walked a little bit. Gramma Jackie WAS there, I promise.
Look what she brought me! A set of work bowls from Williams-Sonoma! I love them! Thanks Momma.
We also did this! It took us two days but it was SO fun! Mom brought a bunch of produce from home, including a big box of Gala apples from Larry… Thanks Larry! You wouldn’t believe the difference in taste of apples right off the tree to apples in a Wyoming grocery store… yuck! We are LOVING having a little piece of home. :)
We feel so blessed to have had her here, all to ourselves for 5 whole days. I don’t know what I would have done without her… I never had a dirty dish in the sink, never had any dirty laundry or dirty floors, and she took care of all the meals including on the day that I had my little toe “procedure.” :) She took Haylie to school in the morning and picked her up in the afternoons. She took Connor on errands. She made sure Joe had food in his belly before he had to go to bed at 5 and we watched chick flicks EVERY NIGHT. We are missing her terribly. Christmas is a very long ways away…
No comments:
Post a Comment