TEN whole days since my last post and I am STILL struggling to find something exciting to write about. The whole house has had one illness after another. One by one, the kids each came down with bronchitis. Maggie got the least of it, but also caught my sinus cold. Cleaning up snot is so fun.
Today (well last night), Joe came down with the flu. Let’s just say I didn’t sleep well from him getting in and out of bed every 10 minutes. He’s missing school and work today (I made him) and is not very happy about it.
AND THEN… if that’s not bad enough, this morning the kids came upstairs and yelled calmly said, “THE BATHROOM IS FLOODING!!” Sure enough… water was SPEWING (literally) out of the toilet, there was a 2” tall layer of water on the bathroom floor, the entire carpeted hallway floor leading to the bathroom was completely saturated and the whole laundry room floor was covered in water as well, as it is right around the corner from the bathroom. LOVELY. The worst thing about the bathroom flooding is that Joe had the flu. As in, he was in bed. Not cleaning it up. Which means I had to clean it up. Boohoo, I know. But Joe has always cleaned up bathroom messes including throw-up, so I’m feeling a little sorry for myself, OK??!! ;) If that doesn’t just top it off, we don’t didn’t own a plunger. SO, I had to drive down to the store in my jammies, sit in the parking lot for 25 minutes until they opened and buy one. While water (mixed with human waste) ruined my downstairs.
I will try to get my act together and get some stuff done around here, other than cleaning up poop and throw-up. Thanks for reading! HA!
HAPPY MONDAY TO ME!!
8 comments:
God bless you!! Hopefully tomorrow will get better! Can't see how it could get worse :(
Oh my! Your day sounds worse than the time I found out the dog had left a little (big) surprise on the carpet and then the Roomba ran over it 352 times! :)
Oh, awful! :( I'm so sorry, friend.
AH! Stressful!! I hope everyone is feeling better and your house has been mess free this last week :) You are seriously super woman!
Happy to have found your adorable blog! I am love the bright yellow background of your layout, my favorite color :) and hey... you are totally allowed to feel sorry for yourself! -- esp when it involves peoples bodily fluids...
Oh my gosh, i cannot WAIT to have kids:)
Just kidding, I hope everyone is feeling better, I really just do. Why wouldn't I hope that for you? i mean c'mon.
Ah! A fountain coming out of the toilet?! I didn't know that could happen in real life. Sounds like one gigantic mess indeed.
cleaning up poop and throw-up. sounds like my life about now ... and i only have a dog. ugh.
Post a Comment