You know when you’re looking around online and see a super cool piece of furniture that could potentially be even cooler and you jump right on it and the lady says, “I’m selling this in my yard sale…” so you bed and plead for her to hold it for you until you can pick it up the following week? And then you get there and it’s WAY more “used” than what she made it look like but you feel obligated to buy it anyway because she held it for you. But then you get home and you are so bummed because you really feel like you were taken advantage of…? Me too.
Here’s the hutch. Looks great from a distance, right?
I’m feeling pretty discouraged about this one right now… The hutch is two pieces, which in my opinion is a good thing. I’m considering just throwing away the bottom part and mounting the nice part on my dining wall.
The worst part about it is not the broken middle door. It’s not the fact that the middle door doesn’t even open (who does that?). The doors are PLASTIC. Seriously (who does that)??? I don’t even know where to begin. I can’t really fill in the broken part with wood filler (or can I?)
Should I attempt at keeping the bottom part and fixing it up as best as I can? I really wanted to put it in my house, but I am starting to think this might be making an appearance at my yard sale in a couple of weeks.
Any suggestions would be SOOO appreciated!!!
(And sorry about my little table post… I ran into a few hiccups. I’m hurrying to get it done so I can blog about it!)
1 comment:
Oh, yikes! I am such a softy and probably would've caved, too, but my hub for sure would've said "no deal!" and not even flinch. Ha!
Here's what I think...it still has potential. I would attempt to fix it and leave it all as one piece. The hutch alone on the wall may feel to heavy just hanging there (is that what you mean? Is that even doable?)
Go to Lowes/Home Depot and find out the best choice to fill in the hole. As far as painting it, if the doors are literally plastic (I hope you got a good deal on this! Haha. Wow! Yeah, who does that?) then you may want to consider spray painting them with the kind you use on plastic. I once tried to paint laminate with a roller, but sanded and primed first as recommended, and it just peeled of anyway. I threw the furniture away. It was awful!
I think it'll take a little TLC, but don't give up...yet. ;)
Post a Comment