Dec 10, 2012

Christmas Program 2012

The kids had their Christmas program last week, on the 5th, and it was AWESOME! Well… except for one thing. Their music teacher, Mrs. Held is INCREDIBLE. Like… out of this world. I don’t know how she gets a bajillion kids to sing, in sync, without stepping out of line or goofing off! However, this year, they added an additional music teacher, who took over half of the program. He was AWFUL. I know that sounds mean, but it’s true. He’s very talented and seems nice, but he is way more concerned with putting on his own little performance on the piano while the kids sort of sing together. Connor had him while Haylie had Mrs. Held. It doesn’t help either, that Haylie is a TOTAL PERFORMER (like I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up on Broadway someday) while Connor couldn’t care less. Here’s a little clip of one of the songs Haylie got to sing:

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a video of any of Connor’s songs. Not like I really needed it. I think this picture says it all. P1100483

He lost the scowl after the first song, but not the blank stare. He was thoroughly unimpressed. Like, barely moved his mouth to sing, kept his hands in his pockets while all the other kids did hand gestures to different songs, and gave the girl next to him dirty looks for twirling in her dress. The boy is just not cute out for the limelight.

Here’s a few more from the night.
Cousin Naomi and Maggie – Sometimes best friends! And sometimes best enemies. ;)

P1100471

P1100480

I think this was the only time he smiled all night.

P1100482

P1100485

P1100486

P1100488

P1100490

On our way down a very long hallway to take this picture, Haylie decided to test her high heel athletic abilities and rolled her ankle. She fell on the floor and her face immediately turned purple from silent screaming. First thing she says to me, “Is my mascara messed up (I put a tad on each eye for the occasion)?” Her foot ended up being OK, although pretty sore for the rest of the night and next day.

P1100492

Cousins: Haylie, Naomi, Maggie, Connor and Lucy.

P1100493

Such a fun night!

1 comment:

Dedre said...

ahhh christmas programs!! love it. Such cute kids!