One thing I remember from growing up is riding in "Daddy's tractor." During harvest time, we'd ride up and down rows and rows of whatever they were harvesting: potatoes, onions, wheat, etc. So, there's nothing I love more than passing that on to my kids. They absolutely love riding in "Papa's tractor" and he loves it too. Today must have been a day of few breakdowns, because he was in a particularly good mood, so I was very happy we showed up. Connor kicked and screamed, arched his back, and banged his head over and over on his car seat when it was time to get out of the digger. They just love their Papa. I love that my kids are doing the same thing I did at their age. It's really amazing to watch a crop grow and then get to see the fruits of my dad's labor. He is such a hard worker and I am very proud of him.
I love this picture. I might have to blow it up and frame it!
Haylie & Papa
:)
Corry helping Haylie down from her turn in the digger!
Now it's Connor's turn!
Connor just ooh'ed and ahh'ed at everything on the digger. He LOVES big machinery and I have a feeling that we'll be going back a few more times before harvest is done for the year!
Haylie & Papa
:)
Now it's Connor's turn!
4 comments:
That is so cute! I know my kids just love it too! It is so much fun when they get so excited! What is your dad harvesting? I can't tell.
Your kids look like they are having such a blast. That is so fun for them to hang out with their grandpa during the day!
Jenni, he's harvesting potatoes. I love it because I get free potatoes for a couple months! HA!!!
So fun for your kids to get to be with there papa at his work! Bronx always likes to go to papa's office and try on glasses - maybe not quite as fun at least not until your a teenage girl and are trying on sunglasses:)
Post a Comment