Jan 11, 2009

The Great Flood

This won't mean much to some people, but this is the Yakima River, which runs right along the border of our town. With all of the snow we got this winter, and the rate at which it melted, the rivers are flooding like CRAZY!!! We are reminded every day we drive over the bridge to get home, how incredible Mother Nature really is. Kind of ironic actually... we pray so hard for moisture so that our crops can grow, and the river ends up flooding!
Towards the left of the picture, you can see some wooden posts sticking out of the ground...that's the edge of a road that goes down to a big clearing next to what should be the river.
Also, on the right side of the picture, you can see like 3 trees out in the middle of the river... those usually are on land.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I saw that on Sunday when I was headed to Prosser. Crazy! We really will make a play date some time soon! I just saw your number on my cell phone last night and thought... I need to call that girl!