The other day, I had a doctor's appointment and so afterwards, we went over to Joe's office to say hello. On the way, we passed numerous fast food restaurants, including, OF COURSE, McDonald's. My kids LOVE to play at McDonald's! Only this time, Haylie had her heart set on food. Well... being as it was 3:30 in the afternoon, I said no. Here's how the conversation played out:
Haylie: MOM! Can we stop at McIndonald's (yes, McIndonald's is how we say it around here)? I'm still so so hungry!
Me: No Haylie. It's not time to eat. We already had lunch and it's going to be dinner time in a little while.
Haylie: (whining) But Mom! I'm SO hungry! Can't we just stop and get something to eat. I didn't eat enough lunch.
Me: I'm sorry Haylie. You should have eaten more lunch then if you're still hungry. We're not stopping.
Haylie: (whining/crying) I really really want to something to eat!
Me: Fine. How are you going to pay for it though?
Haylie: Well you can just pay for it. You have money.
Me: But I'm not hungry Haylie. If you want something, then you'll have to pay for it.
Haylie: But Mom. I was just saving my money because I wanted to buy you something so so special like flowers or a dress or butterflies.
Me: ..........
Not sure which lesson was learned here....
4 comments:
Would you please take the poor girl to Mcindonalds already.....She is saving to get you something really nice, like butterflies, the least you can do is get the poor girl a cheeseburger :) I love it!!!! What a doll!
ohh what a sweet girl
That is soooo cute. So I have to know....did she get her Mcindonalds???
And...30 days left!?!? Holy cow!!! So close!
It was fun catching up with you! I hadn't been keeping up with blogs over the past month! Looks like you have been busy and I can't wait until your baby comes! Good luck!
Post a Comment